BYC Café

Well, I've got another beagle. Yesterday I was at the handler's kennel and saw this sad looking chocolate and white b*tch. I asked about her and he said someone from upstate NY was no longer able to take care of her, and she was looking for a home. He had offered her to several people with no takers. She's 5 years old, very well bred, has two wins, and has had minimal training. I worked her 1.5 hours this morning - to me it looks as if she just needs to be educated. I'm pretty good at that. I love a project dog and someone else's reject. I've done well with many of them.

Well, I've got another beagle. Yesterday I was at the handler's kennel and saw this sad looking chocolate and white b*tch. I asked about her and he said someone from upstate NY was no longer able to take care of her, and she was looking for a home. He had offered her to several people with no takers. She's 5 years old, very well bred, has two wins, and has had minimal training. I worked her 1.5 hours this morning - to me it looks as if she just needs to be educated. I'm pretty good at that. I love a project dog and someone else's reject. I've done well with many of them.

:yaShes a lucky dog to have you! :clap

That’s awesome!! I’m sure she’s very happy to have a home. :D

That's great, Sour. What's her name?

Pressure cookers are a time saver and the most energy efficient way to cook.

They are great for soups, stews, beans and the like. You can also stem and bake in them. the 7 in 1 instant pot will culture yogurt too

Thanks. I think I'll have to look at them a little harder now. I sometimes worry about buying things like that and then trying to find somewhere to stuff it when I never use it :hmm But I do like kitchen gadgets. Especially ones that make life easier. My kitchenaid stand mixer is my best kitchen friend :p

Don't forget roasts! I pressure cook them and in a few hours they're super tender. Great for making shredded beef and pork. Whole chickens for soup too.

If you like artichokes they cook up super quick.

Congrats Sour! I'm sure she's happy to have a home.

Congrats on the new family member Sour!

That's great, Sour. What's her name?

Lily.

Sour, did that dog actually go home with you? For some reason I thought field dogs stayed at a kennel. :idunno

She is home with me, but not in the house. My beagles are all housed outside. She's not 100 % certain about me yet, but she'll get there.

Back
Top Bottom