BYC Café

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the double pots this morning, a balmy 11° 🥶

Has anyone seen @Mtn Margie around? I hope she's not been too affected by the fires.

Winter is supposed to come in hard and fast around 3pm! Ugh.
View attachment 2384138

Good morning, Cafe. Thanks for the double pots this morning, a balmy 11° 🥶

Has anyone seen @Mtn Margie around? I hope she's not been too affected by the fires.

Winter is supposed to come in hard and fast around 3pm! Ugh.
View attachment 2384138

Get done what you need done now then stay inside. But that's just the advice of a Texas boy. Y'all probably get out in that stuff all the time.

Get done what you need done now then stay inside. But that's just the advice of a Texas boy. Y'all probably get out in that stuff all the time.
I think I've only got one base left to plug in for the chickens and will try and hunker down for the rest of it. I try my darndest not to go out when it's that bad! Or really all winter :gig Thanks, Pert!

Tonya hope you get the new roof on with help ..
Thanks, Penny.
The main contractor I hired is coming out Sunday after hunting to help me button it up.
We only just got back from the doctor's appointment about 1/2 hour ago. We both had blood work and they were just late getting us in.
I picked up our usual order from Gigi's Place on the way home. It's time to climb up on the roof and get things started.

Good evening Cafe.
Hot chocolate on the counter. It's got a bit nippy here; relatively speaking of course.
Got the woodburner going again tonight. Just got in from doing some chicken legs....no, not cooking them, just oiling them to help keep the mites at bay.
The moulters are about halfway now. One in particular seems to be having attitude problems.:rolleyes: I think it goes something like this; "I might look like a bag of nails but I'm not having any of you lot taking the piss." Three quick scraps this morning and then off to sulk.

I got rewarded this morning... First time ever, the little black copper marans hopped up on the door guard as I went out to feed, and allowed me to pick her up without a squawk, peep or chirp.. She seemed to accept it really well. May be my replacement hugger for her brooder mate that passed. Kids still in the brooder are really quiet since yesterday.. maybe enjoying the view from the brooder extension they got.

I threw in the towel on the roof.

I went up there with a pounder of a headache and started on the valley the way the guy told me to.

Later saw DH on the outdoor couch doing his toe nails. Something seemed wrong so I went down to talk to him. The toe next to his pinkie toe tends to drop behind the middle toe. The nail on that toe looks like it hasn't been cut in months. It was horrible.

He didn't cut it because he didn't see it. So his foot was hurting but he never said anything to me.

I did what I could to cut his nails. When I saw the condition of his feet that was just another slap to the face to let me know how bad he's gotten.

I had a minor meltdown, went back up on the roof to settle down but I'm just done in. I'll go back up before dark to bring down my tools.

Back
Top Bottom