BYC Café

Sunny here today, lifted my gloom a bit.
Was in the teens this morning, not used to that.
Got a call about house insurance memo, inspection revealed chickens.
Agent was really cool about it, should be the end of it.
Do House insurance inspections mention Dogs? It does seem weird to single out chickens

Do House insurance inspections mention Dogs?

It does seem weird to single out chickens
They can.

Have heard other stories about chickens and insurance.
The 'inspection' was basically someone taking pics of the house and yard all around from outside the yard fence(chicken run in full view).
I asked him if he could stay outside the fence and he said fine,
it's just to show the house is still here.
When I got the phone message about a 'memo' from the insurance company, I had a feeling that it would be about the birds. All I'll say is the agent was really cool about it.

But in AZ, many years ago, our rental agency was happy that we had a dog. :rolleyes:
I've since changed insurance companies (I've been using the same broker since I bought my first house decades ago) but he listed my first Doberman as a Great Dane on that first policy!
It's funny because I've owned 6 and been around many more and I've yet to meet a mean Dobie. But they are on the list of dog breeds most likely to bite so the actuaries recommend that insurance companies not give policies to those who own them.
I've heard of others that had policies cancelled because chickens were "discovered" on the property when an inspector came to take pictures of what they were insuring. I'm not sure the reason. I'm rural so they are permitted. I wonder what they would think of my electric fence around my flock of 30 chickens.

IMG_20210124_121553419.jpg

Her foot held up today. No blood in the footprints.

Back
Top Bottom