BYC Café

What type of dolls do you make? Care to share a picture or two with us?
Thank you for asking. I have already on this thread, and it always feels like I'm advertising, so I'll just post a link to my most recent blog post, because on it I put a few collages there of dolls from over the years. But there are three gallery pages too, if you want bigger pics.

Jan's Folk Art blog

I've managed to keep the furnace off by using the wood stove. I think I set a new record every day for "the latest we didn't use the furnace."

I didn't know that about Etsy. :mad:

When I made one of a kind, original hand knit sweaters out of handspun yarn, I had lots of hours into each one, so yeah, I'm surprised it isn't more than 40.
Oh, dang. I wish I could knit!!! I have spun wool into yarn, but it's sad lumpy stuff you wouldn't want to knit with. :p

Our ONLY heat source is the stove.
We vacationed in March 3 years ago and winterized the house before leaving. Slept in the living room when we got back because it was too cold to sleep in the bedroom.

My family cabin in B.C. is wood stove only - for cooking, baking, heating, hot water, etc. and its all you really need :) I took me a little while to get the hang of it for baking when I use to spends many long months there, but I love it.

How far is this from your home?
Allotments have always kind of fascinated me, a different way of seeing things.
A few minutes walk. It's on the West edge of Bristol City. Go a bit further West and you get to Avonmouth which is the old port that used to serve the South West and the sea.
There is just over an acre of land here. Very few people come here. There are about a dozen allotment plots.
PA290720.JPG
PA290721.JPG
PA290722.JPG
PA290723.JPG
PA290724.JPG
PA290725.JPG
PA290726.JPG
PA290728.JPG

We got hard stuff on the ground this morning as well. Not sure if it was sleet or hail but it came from the north, I heard it hitting the bedroom windows. It is still there given the temp of 33°F.

Welcome to the cafe!! DD1 looked at St. Mary's, decided on Mount Allison, she's in her senior year.

Wow, how fortunate that you were right there!

I don't know. Shad, can you get decent coffee in the UK like you did in Catalonia?
I can. It's just more expensive.
I have to be very explicit in how I want my coffee if I go to a Cafe here other wise I end up with something undrinkable. As long as I avoid Starbucks, Costa, Nero and most of the rest of the chain style coffee shops and tell the small coffee shops how to make the coffee I can get a decent cup.
The idea of serving coffee in a glass rather than a cup catches most out here though.

Thank you for asking. I have already on this thread, and it always feels like I'm advertising, so I'll just post a link to my most recent blog post, because on it I put a few collages there of dolls from over the years. But there are three gallery pages too, if you want bigger pics.

Jan's Folk Art blog
You make some lovely things.

Jan's Folk Art blog

You make some lovely things, thanks for sharing a link to your blog.

Back
Top Bottom