BYC Café

Did you close off the outside run?
I couldn't lock them up because several were under the chicken bush.
We only free-range under supervision
I've had hawks fly over multiple times a day nearly daily for 3.5 years. I know of one, now two, unsuccessful attempts. I lost a 10 week old pullet a few weeks ago.

Good morning folks, fall has arrived here with shades of winter. Brrrrr. Deciding if I should venture out or just hibernate till nature turns friendlier. :rant:confused:
We are having a nice Fall so far! I have not turned on the central heating system yet

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee :) Just discovering this thread.

I'm sipping a cup before work at the university - beautiful morning here in Halifax, but rain is on the way. We're enjoying a rather long and mild fall before the hard winter sets in. No hard killing frost yet, but it's coming this week.
Welcome!

It does not get much below 29F here so not much killing frost

If I were the buyer, I most surely would...

I know how much time, energy, and love goes into things like that.
Etsy does not like to be transparent in their dealings, so they sure don't tell a buyer "by clicking on this ad, you're paying us 15% of the artist's payment".

It takes a full 40 hours to make certain dolls like the one I sold.

Etsy does not like to be transparent in their dealings, so they sure don't tell a buyer "by clicking on this ad, you're paying us 15% of the artist's payment".

What type of dolls do you make? Care to share a picture or two with us?

I have not turned on the central heating system yet
I've managed to keep the furnace off by using the wood stove. I think I set a new record every day for "the latest we didn't use the furnace."

I didn't know that about Etsy. :mad:

When I made one of a kind, original hand knit sweaters out of handspun yarn, I had lots of hours into each one, so yeah, I'm surprised it isn't more than 40.

Why don't you use the wood stove all season?
Oh, we do. Until it gets down to under about 20 degrees. At that point, the stove heats the living room, but the rest of the house is chilly. The basement gets pretty cold, so we let the furnace come on to warm up the basement and the mudroom so pipes don't freeze.

I'll have a fire going just about every day in the winter, unless we get a real cold spell.

Oh, we do. Until it gets down to under about 20 degrees. At that point, the stove heats the living room, but the rest of the house is chilly. The basement gets pretty cold, so we let the furnace come on to warm up the basement and the mudroom so pipes don't freeze.

I'll have a fire going just about every day in the winter, unless we get a real cold spell.
The wood stove is our only heat source.

Back
Top Bottom