BYC Café

Oh man, I need some coffee now. Thanks!

The tree crew has come and gone. All trees came down without incident. I have a nice pile of woodchips (but less than they thought there would be, oh well), and we have a big pile of logs to split. It's all green, so it's not for this year.

I will use this company again, if I need arborist services or trees taken down. Very professional, competent, nice. And a very decent price for the work. About $2000 less than the other company.

That will be some good burning wood. The elm is a bear to split, at least there is only one of those.
We got a 40 ton log splitter. It'll go through anything we have here.

So far, walnut is the worst. Stringy, and it fights you all the way down. Oak just about cracks in half when you get the wedge started.

We have lots of oak (red and white), some maple, some cherry, a fair amount of walnut. The walnut grows to about 8-10" in diameter and dies. Never gets to timber size, or we'd have a gold mine here.

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee.

Sorry about your greenhouse, @Offshoreorca.

It's 23 out this morning. Bella appears to have had an accident last night. She peed her bed. (Thank goodness for waterproof fabrics.) I hope she isn't becoming incontinent. All other females I've had have become incontinent and ended up on Proin. Maybe her pelvic muscles are sore or otherwise temporarily malfunctioning and preventing her from holding her urine through the night.

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee Shad.

We had a storm pass by last night and it blew my greenhouse to pieces. It was not a terribly expensive one (though still enough). We're going to try and reassemble. The greenhouse survived a number of big winds, so I had been hoping that it would hold.

Sorry about the greenhouse, hope you can put it back together. Sounds like you get the sort of winds we get here, they can be destructive for sure.

Back
Top Bottom