BYC Café

Thanks for the coffee. I really need it this morning.
FrickenBRRRR!
12°F nipped my fingers bad doing chores today.
Only less than an inch of snow tho.
Wow, I was sure you were going to say you got 6"! They were really selling the lake effect snow along the lakeshore area.

We're in for a cold week. Some nights will be single digits. Right now, it's 18, but feels like 7 with wind chill.

When I walk into the run, I am so glad for ME that I put up the wind break! It really makes a difference. Silly chickens don't know how lucky they are.

Wow, I was sure you were going to say you got 6"! They were really selling the lake effect snow along the lakeshore area.
Ya just never know with the lake effect!
Sometimes their predictions are correct, like last night, and sometimes they are not.
<shrugs>
Now they are saying up to 4" by 4pm.

Yesterday was a good day for Dale, but this morning was a different story. He was lethargic and refused breakfast. I called the vet, and he said he would meet me at the clinic (it's closed on Wednesday). He anesthetized the dog, put air in his bladder and took an X ray. Nothing more than was seen on Monday's X Rays. He then put something into the bladder, massaged to spread it around and took another X Ray. Dale's prostate lit up like a Christmas tree. Presumptive diagnosis prostate cancer with possible metastases to the lungs. I asked what he would do if it was his dog. He said, "I can't answer that." Yeah, he could. We talked about treatment with an anti inflammatory that had a chemo therapeutic side affect . I asked if I would be out of line if I asked to have him euthanized. Jim replied without hesitation, "No."

He wasn't a 'pet' in the truest sense of the word, but I really liked him. He was an absolute non PITA. We built a lot of memories. Even after all these years, all these dogs it still hurts. It's the hardest decision we have to make for our animals. I'll miss him, but his legacy will live on through his sons and daughters.

Another measure of my veterinarian friend. He came in on his day off - drove an hour to treat my dog. Not just because he's my friend, but because that's the person he is. Dale will be cremated, and his ashes will be spread at the beagle club.
Oh dear, that was quick! But this way you spared him more suffering.
I really wish there were more animal owners like you that put their animals' interest before their own. Dale was lucky to be your dog.

Very sorry for your loss :hugs

Yesterday was a good day for Dale, but this morning was a different story. He was lethargic and refused breakfast. I called the vet, and he said he would meet me at the clinic (it's closed on Wednesday). He anesthetized the dog, put air in his bladder and took an X ray. Nothing more than was seen on Monday's X Rays. He then put something into the bladder, massaged to spread it around and took another X Ray. Dale's prostate lit up like a Christmas tree. Presumptive diagnosis prostate cancer with possible metastases to the lungs. I asked what he would do if it was his dog. He said, "I can't answer that." Yeah, he could. We talked about treatment with an anti inflammatory that had a chemo therapeutic side affect . I asked if I would be out of line if I asked to have him euthanized. Jim replied without hesitation, "No."

He wasn't a 'pet' in the truest sense of the word, but I really liked him. He was an absolute non PITA. We built a lot of memories. Even after all these years, all these dogs it still hurts. It's the hardest decision we have to make for our animals. I'll miss him, but his legacy will live on through his sons and daughters.

Another measure of my veterinarian friend. He came in on his day off - drove an hour to treat my dog. Not just because he's my friend, but because that's the person he is. Dale will be cremated, and his ashes will be spread at the beagle club.
Sorry to hear that. It's tuff. I've had several dogs and of course you end up losing some. Had to put my male beagle down a couple years ago. There for about a 4 year period I spent more time with him than i did with my wife, lol

Back
Top Bottom