BYC Café

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the coffee NFC.
1645878254318.png

Last edited:
I *think* I'm still waiting for my Jubilee Orpington to start laying at 38 weeks. Unless she is laying 51 gram eggs to start with. I have never seen her in the nest box, though she has looked inside them. Her comb is still on the small side, but plenty red now. :idunno

I had a 5 egg day yesterday (all the girls except the JO) and got an egg at 9:30 this morning. It's 61 grams, so I doubt it is she, but I did get a 51 gram-er yesterday, so maybe she is laying and one of the hens didn't.

Yeah, I fuss this much over my tomato starts too. That'll be in another month or so. :gig

I have never seen her in the nest box, though she has looked inside them.
When I went in to scoop the poop, she went into a nest box, and got comfy! I told her she was a good girl and left as soon as I could, so as not to disturb her. It's 29 degrees out, so I don't have to worry that the egg will freeze right away. I am velcroing myself to this chair so that I don't go look every 15 minutes!
:fl:fl

When I went in to scoop the poop, she went into a nest box, and got comfy! I told her she was a good girl and left as soon as I could, so as not to disturb her. It's 29 degrees out, so I don't have to worry that the egg will freeze right away. I am velcroing myself to this chair so that I don't go look every 15 minutes!
:fl:fl
Time to check ?

Back
Top Bottom