BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

The gutters are in :love, I've cut pockets into the siding and installed the double 2x4's under the beam to start the load bearing walls and just need to install one piece of siding over the sliding glass doors to finish that section of the seasonal room.

The pond. What a mess...
I pumped out over a foot of water. There were 7 frogs in there (one dead), a newt and about an 8" long spotted salamander. It was very cool. I had to start digging the hole for the bottom drain blind to have a deeper spot to put the sludge pump. I couldn't see where frogs were... or the big salamander. It got sucked up the pump and spit out in the yard. It was still alive when I found it. :( I can't stand it when that sort of thing happens. I bothers me for days.

I'm going to run the pump one more time this morning to get more water out then spread a layer of concrete sand to walk on after I finish digging the hole and trench for the bottom drain. My shoes were getting sucked off my feet yesterday.

You have Airedales? Lovely dogs!
Yes, they are!

IMG-20220901-WA0000.jpeg
IMG-20220625-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

The gutters are in :love, I've cut pockets into the siding and installed the double 2x4's under the beam to start the load bearing walls and just need to install one piece of siding over the sliding glass doors to finish that section of the seasonal room.

The pond. What a mess...
I pumped out over a foot of water. There were 7 frogs in there (one dead), a newt and about an 8" long spotted salamander. It was very cool. I had to start digging the hole for the bottom drain blind to have a deeper spot to put the sludge pump. I couldn't see where frogs were... or the big salamander. It got sucked up the pump and spit out in the yard. It was still alive when I found it. :( I can't stand it when that sort of thing happens. I bothers me for days.

I'm going to run the pump one more time this morning to get more water out then spread a layer of concrete sand to walk on after I finish digging the hole and trench for the bottom drain. My shoes were getting sucked off my feet yesterday.
Hopefully the next time there will be no frogs or other little squatters in your pond-to-be.

Yay :yesss:on your progress with your seasonal room.

Back
Top Bottom