BYC Café

Monkeys?
wink.png

I'm impressed - how large a population?

Sourland, They have been here since the 1930's.They have moved down the silver river and into the Oklawaha river, I do not know if they have made it to the Saint Johns, but I would not be too surprised. ...They have not moved out of the riparian environment that much, so they do not get hit on the high way or anything. I think they were trying to trap them and use monkey birth control on them because of the herpes B virus they carry.... and they were getting a bit rowdy.

I've met the guy with the teeth. He'll shake you down for your lunch money.

Krista, my husband has to give me my injections too. I agree, and 'inherently wrong' is the perfect description. 'Pain avoidance' is my motto.

Last edited:
Blech...:tongue. It has been a long week already and I have to work again in the morning. The dog ate the pizza before DH could cook it. I was gone to a meeting and he left it out unattended. We are leaving on Friday to go visit the kids, so after work tomorrow I have to pack the dogs' things for the kennel...pack my own clothes and make cinnamon rolls. And I am scheduled for 4 days at work for the next two weeks, normally I only work two days! I think I am getting too old for this!

The little turkey is darling! I can't wait to see pictures of him/her when she gets older.

Krista - I used to drive two hours a day/five days a week at my last job. It was grueling, not to mention expensive. I am grateful that I no longer have to do that.

Julie

Last edited:
Hi Sour'

Actually, it's good evening from me. It's 11.29pm and I am about to head off to bed.

Did you see that I got suckered in by the BYC April Fools joke today? To be fair, it was April 2nd here when it was posted, lol. I guess next year I will know better
smile.png

Julie - I must admit I had a good laugh at your hubby's rookie mistake with the pizza and the dog! Sounds like the night my cat got an expensive steak for dinner!

- Krista

Good Morning all, and to Krista, I suppose good evening! I just looked at a time zone map and you are like 15 hours ahead of me. Half a world apart… amazing this little thing we call the internet!

Kayaking…. That sounds like so much fun. The little birdie pic is adorable. And monkeys?? That’s an amazing story. So they made the movie, brought all the monkeys in, and just left ‘em? Wow, just wow. I guess it was impossible to contain that many. Wonder if they thought they would just die, or did they think they would learn to survive on their own? Interesting.

My little turkey… well, its my first! I’m learning as I go. My SIL has had broad-breasted turkeys, but I don’t think she ever had a heritage breed. I just hatched this one because the gal that I got my duck eggs from also had turkeys, so she gave me 4 eggs, she wasn’t sure if they were fertile yet (one was infertile, and 2 quit early). I honestly didn’t expect one to hatch, but the plan was for my SIL to take it. She will still take it, but I’m having trouble giving the little booger up. Its so adorable. Young turkeys are poults. Females are hens, males are Toms. Hens average about 18 pounds, Toms around 32. Big, but not huge. Funny thing is I am a hunter, and love to wild turkey hunt. We’ll see how that goes this spring, eh?

Krista – interesting story about your work situation. Rather bold of Manager X, but it must make you feel good too. The company I work for is on the verge of closing after 100+ years in business. Sad.

Dog >> unattended pizza >> yea, safe bet the pizza will disappear.

Best of luck with your broody Margie! Can’t wait to hear what happens.

Oh… my good news… hubby is coming home this afternoon after being out of town working all week. Its rare for us to spend much time apart, but his work is now taking him away more often. Usually only one night at most, but this was a special situation, so its been 3 nights. I’m so glad he’s coming home! (almost as glad as he is LOL!) And we're going to pick up some Lavender Orpington eggs this evening for me to put in my incubator!

Have a great day!

Haha Julie, we've had things happen like that before!

did anyone get/pull any good pranks? I replaced my son's potato chips with dog treats so he got an interesting surprise at school. :)

My SO tried to pull one on us but it backfired..literally! He had a package of those Chinese poppers -those little packets that you throw on the ground on July 4th and they make a small bang? Well, my daughter went to use the bathroom yesterday and for some reason lifted up the toilet seat and saw 3 poppers he had secretly placed so they would explode when a person sat down (meaning my daughter or myself!). she took them out and when he came home we pretented that he had surprised us good!!

Later that night while he was busy doing something else we slipped in the bathroom and replaced the poppers. A while after dinner he announced he had to use the bathroom (I should add that we have to share a bathroom so we always have to make sure it will be free if we will need it for a bit!) We played it cool but snuck by the door and waited. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang and a WHAT THE HECK?? He was so surprised. lol.

Score one for the girls!!

Good morning! No snow yet.... I still hear at least one peep but it is staying warm. My little guy came down with a nasty painful stomach bug yesterday and I thought we might be looking at a case of appendicitis, so I kept checking on him every couple of hours. He is doing much better this am, just sore and resting and drinking water. Phew, hate it when the kids really get that sick. I am lucky that they rarely do; maybe a handful of "high alerts" in 24 years, yes very lucky, but the broken bones have been countless....
idunno.gif

Anyway, I can tell it is going to be a coffee kind of day and I think the wood stove should be fired up, bread baked and maybe some soup is in order as well.

Enjoy the day! (Snooze well Krista!)

Back
Top Bottom