BYC Café

Awww.
love.gif
(Don't worry; I'll stay over here on the other side of the doorway and not bring my nasty cold germs anywhere near) Oh, Margie, she's gorgeous.
love.gif

(Incidentally, I'm feeling a lot better than I was, but I am so ready to be done with this and stop annoying the cat. I don't know what his problem is, but every time I cough, sneeze, or sniff, he gives a fussy little whine).
roll.png

I haven't heard the ads, though I am sure they are well intended and probably somehow relevant to "city kids." Funny to think that way, you can't really say I live in the country; more like right on the edge. You know how dogs often howl when they hear a siren? We have a very busy road pretty close to us, and between police cars and fire trucks and the odd ambulance, we hear sirens on a regular basis, and, of course, howling. Only difference is that here, the howling is coyotes. Surreal.

Happy Fall Equinox! Congrats on new Grandchild! Rain, rain and more rain here in Mn. Fall leaves are starting but a lot were blown down last night with storms. Hope my chickens like snow because we could get a ton this year! My chickens have finally started to eat some veggie scraps. I dont give a lot but nice they eat a few. Hope to move to new coop this weekend!!! YEAH
That is a fabulous little setup! Was it a design of your own or did you find plans somewhere for it? I hope you won't mind if I save the pictures to show DH/FIL when the time comes for them to start working on my new coop setup here as that has a lot of what I want in a setup!

Saw it on pinterest and they were selling the plans quite cheap so we bought. Now the plans were good but we made a few modifications like some insulation for Mn winters and we made it slightly bigger to fit an exsisting playset we built it around and we added the screen topped pergola area on the back so they could have more space plus rain and snow to experience.
1f609.png

Next spring will add brick walkways and gardens.

Awww.
love.gif
(Don't worry; I'll stay over here on the other side of the doorway and not bring my nasty cold germs anywhere near) Oh, Margie, she's gorgeous.
love.gif

(Incidentally, I'm feeling a lot better than I was, but I am so ready to be done with this and stop annoying the cat. I don't know what his problem is, but every time I cough, sneeze, or sniff, he gives a fussy little whine).
roll.png

I haven't heard the ads, though I am sure they are well intended and probably somehow relevant to "city kids." Funny to think that way, you can't really say I live in the country; more like right on the edge. You know how dogs often howl when they hear a siren? We have a very busy road pretty close to us, and between police cars and fire trucks and the odd ambulance, we hear sirens on a regular basis, and, of course, howling. Only difference is that here, the howling is coyotes. Surreal.

Oh that's so funny. We used to live near a hospital, and my dog would howl. We even taught him to howl on command - "What does the siren say?" LOL

Well we've lived in our new state for 2 years, and all of a sudden Bo starts to howl, and wouldn't stop. Thinking something wrong, I was trying to quiet him until all of a sudden I heard the siren in the distance. Then I remembered and started cracking up.

He doesn't howl with the coyotes though, they mostly send up a chorus of yips around here.

We had a couple of Lab mixes that had this thing they did - one would howl, and the other would yip and yipe and carry on like something was killing her. I don't know if the wild things are more correctly called coy dogs or what, but that's what I hear from the woods - one or two voices howling, and an unknown number yipping and yammering.

Y'know, that lamp is beginning to look uncomfortably familiar sitting over there . . . .

We had a couple of Lab mixes that had this thing they did - one would howl, and the other would yip and yipe and carry on like something was killing her. I don't know if the wild things are more correctly called coy dogs or what, but that's what I hear from the woods - one or two voices howling, and an unknown number yipping and yammering.

Y'know, that lamp is beginning to look uncomfortably familiar sitting over there . . . .
Speaking of the placeholder, I seen that he was online about an hour ago, but didn't post anywhere yet.
hu.gif

Scott
Edit to add, I do hope that it wasn't something that I said or did to help cause all of this.

Last edited:
On the Old Folks Thread we always blamed Alaskan for anything that went wrong. He was a good sport about it so wasn't as much fun then. I think you're right Scott, it MUST be your fault - I mean who else?? Surely not moi-

Oh that's so funny.  We used to live near a hospital, and my dog would howl.  We even taught him to howl on command  - "What does the siren say?"  LOL

Well we've lived in our new state for 2 years, and all of a sudden Bo starts to howl, and wouldn't stop.  Thinking something wrong, I was trying to quiet him until all of a sudden I heard the siren in the distance.  Then I remembered and started cracking up.

He doesn't howl with the coyotes though, they mostly send up a chorus of yips around here.

We live right off the railroad tracks.... My dog will howl every time the train goes through.... Soon as that whistle goes off.... He's howling funny as heck.

If you listen sometimes you can hear the wolves howl too....

When an occasional coyote pack comes through they let themselves be heard too

Last edited:
T.G.I.F.!!
Coffee is done so am I.
We have frogs in the horse pen puddles.
Enough rain already.
Scott
Mmmmmm. Coffee.
caf.gif
Thanks, Scott.

Our place has become "mosquito central." Normally, you have to get close to the underbrush to stir 'em up; walking around in the open is fairly safe most of the time. Right now, unless it is blowing like crazy, they're after you. I pity my animals.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom