BYC Café

we tried jelly, with the first 6 quarts.......I think we needed more pectin......we wound up with dewberry syrup........but that works too, since we tend to eat lots of homemade pancakes and waffles, heck, even bisket dipping would work.

wife will try again, once we get another gallon.......

Sure, the syrup would be good too!

Good luck with the next batch of jelly
thumbsup.gif

thanks........

do they have dewberries up on the frozen tundra?

Not that I know of but then my foraging hours are limited.

I found this map that shows where they grow:

Apparently even if I had lots of time to look for them, my looking better start way down south.

Not that I know of but then my foraging hours are limited. I found this map that shows where they grow: Apparently even if I had lots of time to look for them, my looking better start way down south.
Well you wouldn't be fighting snow. Good morning folks Coffee and tea are on. Soggy, dark, & 62 down in dewberry country.

Good morning
frow.gif

Thanks for the coffee TK, this 2nd cup tastes as good as the 1st!

Good morning
frow.gif

Thanks for the coffee TK, this 2nd cup tastes as good as the 1st!
glad it's working out for you..........

I wonder if it would be considered cheating to spray our dewberry vines with some Miracle grow bloom booster, after our first harvest? especially if we are going to keep getting rain like this.

glad it's working out for you..........

I wonder if it would be considered cheating to spray our dewberry vines with some Miracle grow bloom booster, after our first harvest? especially if we are going to keep getting rain like this.

All's fair in love and gardening

Back
Top Bottom