BYC Cookbook*VOTE*

That all looks good, but may we add one more category? Could we add a Pet Feed and Treat section? I have a cookbook that was done by my SIL church and they have a section like that. It is wonderful!!!

I love this and will have several recipes to add!!! Also in one of the meat sections we cant forget fish!! We love fish!! I think a bunch of the titles listed can be used for sub-titles for the different catagories. I know it would be a lot of threads but maybe we could start a thread for each catagory and people can submit a recipe in which ever catagories they want. That way we can also start using the different recipes while it is being made. I think I might like to get back into scrapbooking and make a recipe book with everyones recipes..... Like I have time for that too..lol just a though. Jenn

Quote:
Oh yes! This definitely would be most important of all to do. His permission needs to be granted if we are to use the name BYC.
smile.png

luvmychicknkids is correct it has been brought up before and Ok'd here is the thread :eek:

A BYC Cookbook?? - What do you think? OK'd by Nifty Chicken by steffpeck 6-12-2008

So it should be checked to see how this one has come along or if still in progress. I will PM steffpeck and ask since she started the June thread on this...
frow.gif

WOW, i am so excited. i mentioned the idea and hoped for a positive result but never expected this kind of enthusiasm!

I'll compile, but if you don't mind I will make a format for this.
I will work on getting this up in the next couple of days. I think the one bonus we have is that all submissions will be typed, so probably a lot more cut and paste than actual transcribing.

It will still take a bit to finish this project but I think we have the basic categories. I did do a bit of research on small scale fundraiser type cookbooks. The big difference I noticed from fundraiser types and Big Name (like Betty Crocker) is that they don't sub categorize everything, general categories then those are divided in sections according to type (lamb, beef, etc..)

most of the cookbooks read like this:

Intro page
*Table of contents and equivilents
*appetizers, pickles and relish
*soups, salads and sauces
*Main dishes-Beef, lamb, poultry & seafood (each divided within the section)
*Main Dishes-Casseroles
*Veggies
*Breads, Rolls Pies and Pastry
*Desserts-Cakes, Cookies, Puddings..etc.....
*Candy, Jam, Jelly and preserves

*ADD*
Petfood
Self Sufficiency

Does this look satifactory?

Back
Top Bottom