BYC Cookbook*VOTE*

THANKS NIFTY CHICKEN!

Can't wait, I dont mind organizing and compiling but there are so many techinalities that your guidance would be SO appreciated

guide me Obi-wan:p
big_smile.png

A BYC cook book, I'd buy one...I have a lot of recipes to contribute too. Let me know if I can help
big_smile.png

let me know if any one needs a guinea pig to try recpipes...i'll do it too, like a food critic, i guess

If there will be space it would be nice if a person could contribute a picture with their recipe; I like to see what my finished product is supposed to look like if I’ve never had a dish before.

frow.gif
Hey just checking in hadn't seen anything new..
caf.gif

And wondering
hu.gif

Where this cookbook project is as far as getting off the ground??
idunno.gif

Just let us know who might be collecting the recipes to be submitted? if there has been an more decissions on how it's to be done???
idunno.gif
hu.gif
Just wondering

sounds like a wonderful idea, i am excited to see how this will all turn out, cant wait to contribute and get my hands on a cook book.

a quote from my little friend abby "food is good."

I like this idea a lot and would be willing to do some proofreading on it.

Here is a good link explaining recipe copyright.

It is good form to give your source of any given recipe, but I don't think it is required. Like the link says, you only need to worry about copyright if you have copied the author's decription of the dish or of how to combine ingredients in a word for word manner. So just give us the recipe in your own voice!

We should have a deadline of one year. I don't think we should limit submissions within categories in smaller phases, because that limits which categories a potential new member could contribute to in the space of that year. JMO

It really seems like a year is too long, don't you think? I have been involved in a few community cookbooks and it was never more than a couple of months. There will be people who miss out on submitting, but that is going to happen no matter what the deadline.

Does anyone know what the first step is on how to get started?

I would think that someone should set up a place where people could go in and contribute a recipe and a picture if possible...by category.

Once the required number of recipes has been reached and compiled then someone could volunteer to find a company that will do the printing and collect the funds needed from each person who wants a copy of the cookbook including the cost of shipping.

If I had any computer skills of any kind I would be happy to help but I barley know how to use a word program.

It would be interesting if the person who is contributing the recipe could type out a very short story about where the recipe came from or something interesting about the culture the recipe came from.

For instance my family's beloved recipe for Cinnamon Bun Babka; Babka is a yeasted Jewish coffeecake hailing from Poland and being French Catholic it's kind of funny that this recipe is one that is baked in my family to help celebrate Christmas. But is seems that when I was in Kindergarten I was in love with a little Jewish boy that went to my school. His mom shared the recipe with my mom and now it is a tradition in our family as well.

Quote:
It sounds like Nifty-Chicken and the mods are discussing that and will be getting it underway soon.

Back
Top Bottom