Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
I love the idea of this but there is one small problem, paper dries out very fast and quite hard, so unless you kept them watered every morning and evening or buried them I feel like the seeds would just die.

http://videos.hgtv.com/video/diy-seed-bombs-0248642
That is really neat. But I think it is for forest areas or just to start some wild flowers somewhere on your property. Not really for a garden I would think.

Dan, I think those seed bombs are effective. They just sit till they get wet, then the paper pulp dissolves, in effect creating a mulch that would hold a bit of moisture while they get started. A lot of urban folks are using them to seed vacant lots with flowers. There's also an urban move afoot where folks are grafting fruit stock onto flowering fruit trees that don't produce fruit.

That is really neat. But I think it is for forest areas or just to start some wild flowers somewhere on your property. Not really for a garden I would think.
Yeah.

Dan, I think those seed bombs are effective. They just sit till they get wet, then the paper pulp dissolves, in effect creating a mulch that would hold a bit of moisture while they get started. A lot of urban folks are using them to seed vacant lots with flowers. There's also an urban move afoot where folks are grafting fruit stock onto flowering fruit trees that don't produce fruit.
You have a point but I still have my doubts. Gorilla grafters.
tongue.png

So we were selling at the farmers market this morning and this guy came over and he said "So you grow your own garlic?" And I said "Yes sir" and he said "That's great, I just harvested my garlic, I've got a big old wheel barrel of it, I've been growing it for over 30 years." And I was just like "Wow!" and then he said he'd give me some next time he saw me!
ep.gif

So we were selling at the farmers market this morning and this guy  came over and he said "So you grow your own garlic?" And I said "Yes sir" and he said "That's great, I just harvested my garlic, I've got a big old wheel barrel of it, I've been growing it for over 30 years." And I was just like "Wow!" and then he said he'd give me some next time he saw me! :eek:

One can never have too much garlic!
1f600.png

So we were selling at the farmers market this morning and this guy came over and he said "So you grow your own garlic?" And I said "Yes sir" and he said "That's great, I just harvested my garlic, I've got a big old wheel barrel of it, I've been growing it for over 30 years." And I was just like "Wow!" and then he said he'd give me some next time he saw me!
ep.gif
lau.gif

You guys are just ridiculous with your veggies. My veggies still growing,tomatoes just starting to have flowers. Strawberries on the other hand are yumm. Just ate bunch of them strait from the garden. They didn't make to the kitchen to be washed. Some sand didn't hurt anybody right? Right.

I made a herb butter three days ago , basil, oregano, thyme, garlic and salt.
Nothing better than your own healthy weeds to put in your dish.
Husband saw the butter and said - naaah , this green stuff naaaah. ..
And what happened today ? In the morning mister - no green stuff for me - came and ask where is that green butter?
We are out of it ! you need to make it again ! How about that... Healthy weeds won again ....
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom