BYC members in Massachusetts?

I can't seem to find good pullets, can anyone recommend a place that sells them at least eight weeks old? I raised four from chicks and they are doing great but the last batch I purchased two have died and one looks like she's on her way out. Why is it so hard to find pullets, is it because there isn't much money in it? I'm willing to drive for them, looking for four.

I can't seem to find good pullets, can anyone recommend a place that sells them at least eight weeks old? I raised four from chicks and they are doing great but the last batch I purchased two have died and one looks like she's on her way out. Why is it so hard to find pullets, is it because there isn't much money in it? I'm willing to drive for them, looking for four.
There's no money in raising pullets. I have some Faverolles x EE cross pullets that are 8-10 weeks old. Some will lay brown eggs, some may lay green. I will have Fav pullets ready later this summer.

Dodge Grain in Salem NH sometimes has 20 week old red pullets available.

I have a buff orpington rooster that I need to get rid of... 11 weeks old. ordered pullets only and got a surprise. I am in Randolph and my town doesnt allow roosters. Im also looking to replace it with a similar aged buff, barred rock or silver laced Wyandotte pullet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there! I have been learning how to post and reply, so i hope this one makes it in the MA thread!

I am raising a small flock of 5 for the first time! I am in love with these creatures who are now 6 weeks old! We have a Barred Rock, NH Red, Ameraucana and 2 light Brahma's (Wilma and Betty)..... Sadly, our Betty is a Barney.

In our town, this makes Barney an outlaw! We are not allowed to keep roosters and must re-home him. I see BYC has an area to buy/sell/give away things, but it seems chock full of roo's!

Would any of you have any suggestions where we should look?

Any help is appreciated

As others have said Craigs list is a good place to It start. It would also help if you listed the town/area you are from. I am in Granville near the CT MA border. I have, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, Blue and Black Copper Marans available from 10 -17 weeks. I agree there is no money in selling older pullets. That is why I am switching over to early and easy to sex breeds, and crosses such as the legbars and sexlinks. Love my Blue, Black, Splash Ameraucanas but end up raising too many roosters for too long.

Hello from Douglas MA!

We're new to BYC but we have found this state to be full of lovely chicken people. It's been a pleasure to have spent the last couple years here. I look forward to meeting some of you. :)

Back
Top Bottom