BYC Spring 2009 Quilt Block Swap Signups CLOSED BLOCKS IN MAIL 4/17

love.gif
those blocks SE!

AHHHHHH!!! Makes me feel so much better, you know I am such a rookie at this!!! Didn't want anyone to be ashamed to get my block!! Thank you, I do feel better about them now!!!!
smile.png

Nah...you didn't kill it.

Seems the craft threads were a bit slow yesterday....I think alot of the country had really nice weather, maybe everyone was enjoying it.

I know I was out side. We hit about 75 yesterday and I was working up a sweat. Now back in the 50's toady and 40's thru the weekend. Work outside again today and then this weekend I am a slave to my sewing machine.

O.K. Im in. THis is my first block swap.. so will you email me with the address to where im supposed to send the blocks.

Hey I amWith the invitation of MissPrissy, I am honored to be hosting the Spring Quilt Block swap!! (Thanks MP!!)

First off, the *fine print* as noted by MP on her thread.

This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

The BYC Staff is sensitive because of past swaps. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers bailing in the past.

Like any other interaction: Have fun, but be careful and safe!"

Now, on to the fun stuff!

Participants:
1. amyquilt
2. horsejody - need your email addy, please
3. luvs2garden2000
4. cockadoodlemom - need your email addy, please
5. SloCrevs - need your email addy, please
6. texasbartrambaby
7. Zookeeper9000 - need your email addy, please
8. Scrambled Egg
9. Patchesnposies
10.lisavarney

2009 BYC Spring Swap Guidelines

Theme: Springtime on the Farm

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No thing flimsy fabrics, please. FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING.

Colors: Any color fitting to the theme, which makes this pretty open. BUT no snow, fall leaves, etc. After all, this is SPRINGTIME on the Farm.

Block size: 12.5 inches unfinished (will finish at 12 inches once put together. This measurement will be enforced. If your blocks do not measure 12.5 inches when I get ready to swap them, the will be returned to you unswapped. I hate to be this way, but when the swappers put together their quilts and a block isn't the right size, it makes for a nightmare, or is simply a block that is unusable.

Block Pattern: Any pieced or applique pattern is fine, just keep at least one of the fabrics within the swap theme.

Number of blocks: This will depend on how many sign up for each type. I will keep the thread updated of the number as we go along with signups and a total at the end of signups. I would estimate no more than 20 of each type.

Blocks due to me: March 21, 2009. Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. I will only wait 5 days for stragglers.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me.

Labels: On each block, please include some type of label (I use sticky address labels I print on the computer) with your BYC name, real name and email address. Some swappers like to keep this information with their quilt log.

Please post here if you would like to join. As well as posting here, please PM me with your email addy, so I can keep a database for this swap.

If I missed anything, please feel free to slap me...um...I mean ask!!!

Enjoy!!!

soo excited about this swap!!

I'm debating whether or not to join..Depends on if I can find material when I go over the mountain this week..Plus I've NEVER applicaed (sp)before..And I haven't seriously quilted in a couple years..Off and on..But a friend of mine has put the quilting bug on my bottom again,and it's biting....lol...Deb

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome Lisa! I have added you to the "official" list I am maintaining in the first post. Please PM me your email addy. When the signups are closed, I will send an email out to everyone with my address all at once. ;-)

Quote:
Deb
I have changed the types of blocks and now we can do any type of block we desire, so you could do a pieced block if you like, as long one of the fabrics is fitting to the swap theme.

Hope you join us!

Back
Top Bottom