BYC Web App For iPhone / Mobile

For the last few years we've supported "PWA" (Progressive Web App) for Android (see our old post here).

It took a while but iOS 16.4 finally introduced push notifications for iOS devices. This supports push notifications which can be enabled once you log in through the PWA and enable push notifications in your preferences.

This "PWA" provides the functionality of an app, but without the issues that the previous apps have had.

In your phone, once you're logged into BYC, you should see a button to install it in the off-canvas menu:

View attachment 3508751

Press "Install", confirm that you want to install it, and then it'll be added. It'll add an icon, and allow BYC to behave like an app. You can even choose to get notifications by going to Preferences and enabling push notifications.

We hope it works well for all our iPhone peeps!

@RoyalChick
@Debbie292d

😩😩😩👎

Well at least I know it isn’t because I am stupid.
I mean I may be stupid, but my failure at this task is not an indication of that!
I tried Safari, Chrome, and Bling. Same issue with all of them.
Thanks for trying!
Just get a Google Pixel.
:D

I just hit this button
IMG_1267.jpeg

And it operates as an app
IMG_1268.png

At least now you know it's broken.

You just have to fart around with it as in I don't even know what I did aside from poking it a dozen times then scrolled and saw where there were some options, one of which was, "add to home screen." I'm not sure whether it mattered to use Safari or Chrome as it did the same thing. But, now it's on my home screen. 🎉 Thanks, Kiki for trying it out!

Back
Top Bottom