BYC's 13th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2022

13aba.PNG

I had 5 more chicks hatch on the 11th. These were the last of my rooster's chicks. I had put him down on the 9th of Dec. since I thought I had enough chicks from him hatch...40+. This was the tail end, and the hatch rate was not as good being the eggs were set 2 weeks after he was gone? I am happy with this batch be cause I got a couple of splash chicks unlike most of my other hatches.

View attachment 2959529
I had 5 more chicks hatch on the 11th. These were the last of my rooster's chicks. I had put him down on the 9th of Dec. since I thought I had enough chicks from him hatch...40+. This was the tail end, and the hatch rate was not as good being the eggs were set 2 weeks after he was gone? I am happy with this batch be cause I got a couple of splash chicks unlike most of my other hatches.
Nice!

I might have ordered Pita Pinta hatching eggs yesterday. Delivery is in march due to back order status....

13aba.PNG

Adorable!

My New Year's hatch is now 3 weeks old. My goodness there are alot of roosters in that bunch. Since the boys get bigger faster and bump out the hen chicks during feeding, I took 5 pullets from the New Year's hatch and put them with the 5 chicks I hatched on the 11th. The New Year's hatch roosters are all so friendly. One is extra friendly he is dark blue. He keeps coming over for love.

fre.PNG

Back
Top Bottom