Ended BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along—Haunted House or Creepy Coop Contest

Not an entry, just a story.

When I bought my current property part of the plan was to have chickens.

I bought the property knowing that a chicken coop was first on the agenda. Closed, and I was seriously excited. Then I started to wonder what the two doors were at the back of the overhang.

I opened the first door, and it was a big run! The RE agent had focused on the house, so I hadn't realized there was a coop and run behind the garage!

Excited, I opened the second door, and found

View attachment 3660292
There were two full skeletons and several partials in the coop. Best I could determine, someone died and they were forgotten.

I never got around to building my "Haunted Coop" sign, but maybe some day.
Pretty gruesome. But I’d say use it as an entry! The month is half over and there are only 2 other entries, is that right? And mine isn’t even a house or a coop, so may not actually qualify.

Our cactus monsters
20231015_155737.jpg

What does the contest sponsor think?
The rules say:

Three entries per member: an entry consists of one to three images of your Halloween decorations around your house or coop! Show us your Halloween or Fall decorating abilities & you could win!

1. An entry is one picture of your coop or house's Fall or Halloween decorations.

The rules say:

Three entries per member: an entry consists of one to three images of your Halloween decorations around your house or coop! Show us your Halloween or Fall decorating abilities & you could win!

1. An entry is one picture of your coop or house's Fall or Halloween decorations.
What about a chicken eating a pumpkin? 🤣

Not an entry, just a story.

When I bought my current property part of the plan was to have chickens.

I bought the property knowing that a chicken coop was first on the agenda. Closed, and I was seriously excited. Then I started to wonder what the two doors were at the back of the overhang.

I opened the first door, and it was a big run! The RE agent had focused on the house, so I hadn't realized there was a coop and run behind the garage!

Excited, I opened the second door, and found

View attachment 3660292
There were two full skeletons and several partials in the coop. Best I could determine, someone died and they were forgotten.

I never got around to building my "Haunted Coop" sign, but maybe some day.
small rib, not human

Back
Top Bottom