Open Contest BYC's Springtacular Flower Photos

Pics
Entry one:
IMG_3308.jpeg

Entry 1
Can’t remember the name for this flower off the top of my head. View attachment 3798838
I'm not sure what it is, it does look like a columbine though! Very pretty.
Your garden is beautiful! Love the little ornament.
Water Lilies in my frog pond.
Lovely lilies, both of you! I should find some of my lily photos to share, I know I have some somewhere...
The focus on that one is spot-on, Yarmer!
I may switch out a couple of my entries if I can take some better photographs.
Pfft, I doubt that's possible, those are some gorgeous photos!
Absolutely beautiful, I've never seen a white iris before!

Not an entry as it is not a great photograph, but I wanted to share because it was interesting! This is a foxglove that popped up in my front yard, but it has a pelorism mutation. It causes a large “terminal” flower at the top of the stalk, preventing it from growing new buds or getting very tall, but it sure looked pretty neat! I saved the seeds but haven’t replanted, I’m not sure if the next generation will share this mutation.
IMG_5113.jpeg

Last edited:
Not an entry, but I figured it would interest you guys. Ever heard of Hanafuda? It’s basically flower cards. A game that originated in Japan.

View attachment 3798718

Each card has a flower on it, there are 12 different types of flowers.

Yes, I am a koi koi player.

Anyway, thumbs up if you can figure out what type of flower that is on this card.
Sakura, cherry blossoms. We played this growing up. Koi koi fan here as well.

Not an entry as it is not a great photograph, but I wanted to share because it was interesting! This is a foxglove that popped up in my front yard, but it has a pelorism mutation. It causes a large “terminal” flower at the top of the stalk, preventing it from growing new buds or getting very tall, but it sure looked pretty neat! I saved the seeds but haven’t replanted, I’m not sure if the next generation will share this mutation.View attachment 3800041
Wow, that's a beautiful picture! I've seen a few before but never one with ANY mutation. All I know about foxglove is that they're poisonous. I don't really know anything else about them! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom