CACKLE HATCHERY

I just placed an order with them last night for 5 Buff Orpington's, 5 Golden Laced Wyandottes, & 5 Australorps. I'll let you know how everything goes. As a matter of fact, they already called me today to confirm my order, and to let me know that they will be sent out this coming Wednesday, and they should be here by Friday.

I know this is a very old thread. But, I was wondering what your experience with Cackle Hatchery was like. What was the personality of your chickens? I hear sometimes Wyandottes are not nice. And, I have a batch of Australorps from Chickens from Backyards that are extremely skittish and non-friendly. So, I am trying to find a hatchery with chickens that, not only look and produce like the breed should, but also with the correct temperaments. Thanks!

I realize this a very old thread. I just wondered what you thought about the personality of the Rhode Island Red chickens you bought from Cackle Hatchery. I bought Australorps from Chickens from Backyards that are way to skittish compared to normal for the breed and won't buy there again. And, I am considering getting one Rhode Island Red IF I can find a non-aggressive strain. Thanks!
I have always been very happy with Cackle's birds...health, personality, customer service. The RIRs are calm, comparable to the Cinnamon Queen's.

Well, I may end up ordering sooner than I thought. MY stupid dogs just killed all but 3 of my little ones who were out but who the dogs hadn't bothered...until today. :(
My husband put up an electric fence BUT the little ones would slip through the holes, so we'd ended up letting them do some free ranging.

ok just telling everyone, dont get any chicks fro bjs poultery farm i have had a terrible experience there, chicks came all differet ages,some a month old , some 1 week old, bloody poop right away, treated them for cocci off an on for weeks,then thy stated falling down, couldnt walk ,died, i kept in touch with him and all i could get from him was, thy were healthy when thy were shipped. i paid to to send 1 to purdue, it came back postive for markes , so all my chickens are still dying, i have 5 left out of 13 and thy will die also.he says thy had their shots ,but couldnt have, i havent had chickens for 20 yrs on my place and thy werent even outside for a long time.this guy dont care, just gets the money and to bad if thy die.it is sad to see them die as thy are beautiful and not even 1 yr old. i believe he got these chickens from someone else and didnt come from his farm. dosent matter thy are all diseased and now i cant have any chickens for at least a yr.
Can't you get chicks if they are vaccinated

Back
Top Bottom