Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Yes, thank you. So those are Guinea Keets. I knew something was up. They were running circles around the chickens. And here I thought they were just VERY noisy bantams. LOL.

Thank you. I must be blind, or things grow quickly because all of the ones you thought might be light Brahma's have feathered feet now. And they are all showing white feathers with dark grey/black pinstriping. Very hungry lil chicks. They easily eat twice what all the other chicks eat. As expected based on what I've seen on the sites, I only received chickens because of the time of year. Below is a pic of 4 of the 6 Bantams (at least I assume they are bantams because of the size). I think they are all of one breed. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the breed of these lil guy's? I can tell you they are half the size of the regular chicks, And they are currently the MOST annoying chicks I've ever had because they keep up a shrill cheep cheep cheep since I removed them from the general population. It sounds like my car alarm. LOL.
I gave you the guess of light Brahma because of the feathers on the feet. For the white ones that don't have feathers on their feet its harder. X2 on the meets. Good luck with your new littles. :)

I've been debating about this hatchery surprise. I'm getting very excited. DH isn't complying since we have 12 chickens and a turkey already. But I kindly donation of lumber showed up and the coop is gonna get bigger! So why not. I love surprises. If all goes well maybe I'll order Friday. I got to jerry rig a big enough brooder tho for possibly 60 chicks. This should be fun!

Guinea keets!!!! Yay! I wanted some but got all chickens. Btw, out of my 27 polish from my last surprise order - I sold 20 for $6 each - so that paid for my surprise and feed for the past 6 weeks!

Guinea keets!!!! Yay! I wanted some but got all chickens. Btw, out of my 27 polish from my last surprise order - I sold 20 for $6 each - so that paid for my surprise and feed for the past 6 weeks!

Nice. Sounds like the surprise is worth it when you can sell hat you don't want and pay for feed and another surprise lol

I told myself I was only going to keep 20 and was going to sell the others on craigslist. But I keep wondering what they are going to look like when grown and haven't put an ad up yet.

Got my chicks today no DOA got EEs,light brahmas,wyandotte,barred rocks or sex links,Rhode island reds speckled sussex and few old English game chicks cause I request a few. I like what I got.
54 total.
:celebrate

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom