Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

The chicks are here! We ordered 5 but got 6, there doing very well and squaking very loudly.
yippiechickie.gif
yesss.gif
jumpy.gif
lol.png

..i ordered the surprise box yesterday. way to excited! i keep checking for a ship date, but nothing yet. how long did it take you all to get yours? i know it says it could take up to ten days but i've heard people getting the ship date same day as order placed

..i ordered the surprise box yesterday. way to excited! i keep checking for a ship date, but nothing yet. how long did it take you all to get yours? i know it says it could take up to ten days but i've heard people getting the ship date same day as order placed 

It took me almost 2 months

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD SO MANY ISSUES WITH YOUR CHICKS...I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU BEING UPSET AND I AGREE THAT IT WAS A BAD BATCH OF CHICKS AND CACKLE REALLY SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE WITH YOUR SITUATION....ITS GREAT TO HEAR YOUR OTHER CHICKIES ARE DOING FINE....I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE LEANN'S SPECIAL ALSO FROM MEYER..IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO COMPARE THE TWO AS I HAVE PURCHASED QUITE A FEW CACKLE SURPRISE BOX'S OVER THE YEARS...MAYBE YOU COULD START A NEW THREAD WITH LEANN'S SPECIAL..I JUST MIGHT TRY ONE OF THOSE NEXT YEAR....THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE...AND ENJOY YOUR LIL CHICKS
Thank you for your kind words. It is so hard to go out and see a dead bird every morning! But I think it is over (knock on wood!). Lost 2 more and it came to a standstill. Got with a group of breeders and judges of showbirds and they gave me medication, tips and evaluated my flock.When I contacted Cackle, all I was asking for was a small chick shipment to make up for the ones I lost after all the extras I sent-7 at that time. Not for the vet bill, medications, supplements, etc. I offered to send pics and receipts but all I got was how it was my fault and that she had absolutely no intention of doing anything for me. Honestly, what I really wanted to see was how the second batch fared compared to the first to see if in fact i got a "bad batch" as everyone I talked to thought and to give Cackle a second chance if that was the case. Oh well live and learn. I really like your idea of ordering the Leanns special and starting a new thread with comparison of the 2! But I ordered some shipped eggs on ebay and being new to incubating and shipped eggs I was hoping for 10 to hatch. Out of about 50 eggs I got 8 beautiful seramas, 8 lavender and chocolate orpingtons and 14 beautiful Silkies so i will have to wait until spring or until my husband gets back to Michigan to build a 4th coop!

I don't know if my brooder is hot or not but twice when I cleaned pastybut off their but both died, If you can help me please do
Most of mine came with pasty butt most died. at first it was my fault and I was doing something wrong but I compared all my brooder temps and even bought new thermometers. Use room temp water, grind up their food ina food processor and get this stuff called chick puffs from mypetchicken.com. It sounds like you are on you way to what i went through! Contact Cackle immediately. Mine had that virus that causes watery diarrhea and that's why they were getting pasty butt and not making it through cleaning. Use warm water on a small 2x2 gauze padand just do the bare minimum close to the brooder lamp-but not too close. and you will probably need antibiotics fin their water for 6 days if it's what mine had-according to Cackle. But then again, she did blame it on my brooder being too hot after her other staff told me to medicate them immediately which helped the process. Hope this helps.

Ive gotten the leanns adopt me bargain last year. Was a nice assortment...even got a crevecoure roo considering they never carried them. All were healthy though...healthier then my cackle throwaways. Lol
Hey someone else responded to me and suggested we start a tread to compare Leanns to Cackles to help consumers-Great idea but I am up to my limit this year due to a really great shipped ebay egg hatch! Would you mind starting a thread? I may try to sneak in a few and split it with a few of my friends just to get in to the discussion lol.

Back
Top Bottom