Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I am really tempted to do this, as I just want to add to my yard/pasture flock. I'll find breeders when we figure out what breeds we want to show. Wll we get a decent mixture of breeds, you think, in February? or is it too early

Have people still been ordering this? If so where are they posting what they're getting? It's always fun to see what everyone gets and I'm getting one in May and will need lots of help identifying the chicks!😂

Have people still been ordering this? If so where are they posting what they're getting? It's always fun to see what everyone gets and I'm getting one in May and will need lots of help identifying the chicks!😂
there's a facebook group specifically for cackle hatchery's surprise boxes
This is what I identified out my my 51 surprise box chicks I received:

1 Buff laced Polish
2 Silver Laced Polish
1 crazy toppy
2 turkens (one black, one buff/white)
2 light brahma LF
2 white Cochin (LF)
2 blue cochin (LF)
1 partridge cochin (LF)
1 black cochin
2 blue sumatra
1 Buckeye
4 barred rock
2 Dominique
2 lavender orpington(?)
2 blue laced red wyandotte
1 Easter Egger
1 Lakenvelder
2 leghorns or welsummers
2 white marans (?)
1 black sex link
1 speckled sussex
2 gold spangled appenzeller spitzhauben
1 Columbian Wyandotte
1 gold laced wyandotte
1 dark brahma
and 15 as yet unidentified

and actually...that was from my second box, with a hatch date of 4/1. I had a huge variety in the 2/19 box posted above too, including 3 turkey poults and 3 ducklings.
From that box I kept a bunch...
salmon faverolle,
speckled sussex,
golden duckwing phoenix trio,
blue Americauna,
GL Wyandotte
SL Wyandotte
Silver laced orpington
Black copper marans
jubilee orpington
buff orpington
and a couple others I can't recall right now

Those both sound like great varieties. I do not have facebook so hopefully people will still be willing to help on here😄 I am wanting a variety. My son wants a turken. I wouldnt mind some turkeys/ducks.

Those both sound like great varieties. I do not have facebook so hopefully people will still be willing to help on here😄 I am wanting a variety. My son wants a turken. I wouldnt mind some turkeys/ducks.
the large surprise box from Cackle is your best bet to get all of the above. I specifically requested no ducks in this recent box, but others that got theirs the same day got ducks, some got turkeys as well.
Expect a wait at this time though, they are selling a LOT of chicks. I placed the order mid March but couldn't get a ship date until April 1 due to a ton of sales.
But, the weather is nice, and I haven't lost a single chick from the 51 in this batch. the previous batch I lost a couple, one from trampling..probably by the ducklings, and a couple here after theyd been for a few days so likely something I did wrong. or they just weren't strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom