california - CENTRAL COAST

Hey there I'm on Central coast. I use sand in my run. I have it half covered so it doesn't get too hot. Summers can get up to 105 or so. I also just pine shavings as the nest box material. I have 4 salmon faverolles and right now 6 10 week old buff orpingtons but 3 are rehoming due to law and ordiences. I can only have max 8 chickens. :(

i
Do you live on the central coast? Do you feel shunned by the northern Cal and southern Cal threads??? Or maybe you've experienced the central coast and appreciate all we have to offer

Then welcome to my thread
big_smile.png

Nothing like starting a rivalry!! Ha ha. I always hate when they separate north and south Cal because I live in san Luis obispo and depending on who you talk to we get lumped in different sections so I never know which to choose. I've even heard ppl within our county mention the southern beaches fit in better with southern california (surfing shopping beach classic movie like beach towns) and the beaches in northern SLO co fit in with northern cali (trees wildlife streams etc)

SO after the local black bear incident I realized how many ppl in this area have chickens- are any of you on Byc???
I'm on BYC. I live in santa margarita. Im looking for birds for sale like chickens geese turkeys ducks. let me know. also my girlfriend wants goats....So if anyone can help id be stoked

Hello!
I am NEW to chickens, just before Easter I got 3 chicks from Farm Supply in Paso. My kids (3.5 & 1.5) LOVE them. One of the chicks we lost (cat or hawk or something) when I was letting them have outside peck around time.
On Sunday I got 2 more plus a young turkey from a farm out in Templeton. They have integrated well!
I am glad to see a lot of local people on this thread! But it has been SO quiet, anyone still active here?

Hello!
I am NEW to chickens, just before Easter I got 3 chicks from Farm Supply in Paso. My kids (3.5 & 1.5) LOVE them. One of the chicks we lost (cat or hawk or something) when I was letting them have outside peck around time.
On Sunday I got 2 more plus a young turkey from a farm out in Templeton. They have integrated well!
I am glad to see a lot of local people on this thread! But it has been SO quiet, anyone still active here?
Hey! I'm over in Templeton! We got our first batch of chicks about 6 weeks ago! Started out with 10, lost one on the first day. Bought 11 more shortly after. So 21 total! Lol! One is definitely a rooster though. My kids are 7, 4, and 1 1/2! Glad to find another local on here. :)

Hey! I'm over in Templeton! We got our first batch of chicks about 6 weeks ago! Started out with 10, lost one on the first day. Bought 11 more shortly after. So 21 total! Lol! One is definitely a rooster though. My kids are 7, 4, and 1 1/2! Glad to find another local on here. :)

Wow! That's quite the flock!
I am thinking one of mine is a rooster, and I am not sure of the sex of Turkey, so that may end up being Thanksgiving Dinner ;)

Back
Top Bottom