California Hatchery

This was my sweetie that died 2 days ago. When she was a baby I named her Little Miss Sunshine, but due to her rapid growth I shortened it to Miss Sunshine because well she was not little anymore. I would not trade her though and she was a truly unique chicken

I started another thread about this hatchery before I found this one. I'm really glad that I found this discussion. I emailed them asking some questions about a few things, but have not heard back. Like an earlier poster, I wanted to pick them up and they are about 3-4 hours from me.

I won't be using this hatchery after reading everyone's posts.

I thought I'd update for you guys about my order from California Hatchery. The chicks arrived on time today and are doing great! Here's some pictures of them.

Something I noticed about the company not answering emails; If you email them from your own email inbox they won't reply, but if you use their contact sheet on their site they'll reply within the hour, any time (I got replies after midnight from them!) So overall I have no complaints! Babies are healthy and active.

I used their email contact form every time (had to wait days to get a reply) also tried the phone number they told me to call to contact them in person only to get a recording that says no one answers this number and to email them instead. Glad your babies seem ok.

I'm sort of confused... I see that most of the posts say don't order from California Hatcheries, and yet there are a few posts of successful happy customers.

I was considering ordering from them, but now I'm on the fence. I'm located near the Central Valley (Three Rivers) and thought that it would be more convenient to order from a company that is within this state and relatively close to where I am. I chose them as a potential supplier since they have a small minimum and I wanted to get several varieties of chicks that were sexed.

Can anyone here recommend another company that is reliable and also doesn't require one to order 50 chicks at a time. I'm still a bit of a newbie, so any suggestions are gladly appreciated.

--Mollie

Back
Top Bottom