California-Inland Empire

Pics
From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch;
I see many asking about a Meet-Up. I want to know how many people would want a Meet up sooner than November? What is the interest level for doing a Elsinore meet in July or August...

...on the subject of roosters, I have a general rooster question....I have one, in a flock of 8. He's young, he was born mid-Sept, to early Oct. He looks almost full sized, and he hasn't crowed a peep! Seems the previous ones I had were crowing long before this age...Am I safe? Is he likely to never start crowing?
Roosters will crow... if he doesnt than you need to make special breed of non-crowing roosters... hahaha... you'd have millions of customers.

Hello everyone! No chickens here yet, but have been researching for almost a year. We got a house in Yucaipa this past summer and hope to have our chicken coop ready in a couple of weeks. We plan to have 6 chickens and 1 rooster. We visited the tractor supply store, but they do not carry the breeds we want. If anyone knows of any breeders or pet/feed stores out in the IE who carry these, please let me know. We'd like to buy chicks in the following breeds;
Easter Egger
New Hampshire Red
Buff Orpington
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Barred Rock

WELL IF U can wait just tiny bit longer we we will be having our 7th annual bi-yearly chicken meet-up at Lake Elsinore on the 22nd of April. LOTS OF babies to choose from then/ OR IF U want to Private message me I can give U names from our FB group that do not go on BYC. All are int he Norco/Temecula area AND they all are people I WOULD buy chicks from as they make nice healthy babies :love

I am from North San Bernardino. I live about half a mile from CSUSB California State University, San Bernardino. Anyone stay around here?

Hello all... I am in the new city of Jurupa Valley, right outside the city of Riverside. Right now I have two Brown Leghorns that are rescues from the pen, and one Buff Orpington, and I'm trying to get three more, another Buff Orpington, and two other of a different breed to be named later. Maybe I'll bump into some of you at the feed store someday. I think that I may know at least one of you already.

PS: I also have three dogs, two cats, and a wife to take care of. We use to have a horse, but he is gone now.
Hi there! Welcome from South Fontana!

CALLING ALL YOU SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHICKEN-HEADS
>>>> ITS THAT TIME AGAIN !!!! :

The 4TH ANNUAL SPRING CHICKEN MEET-UP!!!!

DATE: SATURDAY, APRIL 12th

PLACE: NORCO- NEIL SNIPES PARK on the corner of 5th and Hammer

TIME: usually start around 10AM till the cows come home!

WHAT WE DO: TALK "SHOP' BUY / TRADE / SWAP / OOGLE EVERYONES BIRDIES & CHICKS! Bring the kids, bring your grandparents, come one come all!
Bring yer favorite birdies too and let them play in the sun and grass.....we all love to see every ones birds.
There is a beautiful open air pavillion w/ picnic tables that we use. PLEASE bring yer own lunch and drinks. If you want to share goodies…sell goodies….COOL BEANS!

IF there is interest we will have a raffle, so bring goodies to raffle off. The money pot from this will be raffled off to 3 lucky peeps 50% / 30% / 20% so its a great deal!

We will also have a 30 second seminar on injections and whatever else you might want to talk about...just let me know.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
P.S. Of course doggies are more than welcome to come but please remember they have to be on leash, not all of the birdies are used to dogs..Thank you for your consideration with this....LOL

Hello! I've been stalking BYC for a few months now, but am just now joining the forums :) We live in Yucaipa, and are pretty new to having a backyard flock... just since the beginning of this year. We had four, but unfortunately, we recently lost one :( We have a RIR, a Lavender Orp, a Barred Rock (who, for some reason doesn't lay), and the one we just lost was an olive egger. I am looking to add 2-3 more layers to our flock, and was wondering if there are typically layers available for purchase at the upcoming meet-up? Or... if anybody has 2-3 that are available for purchase or need re-homing. I'm hoping for them to be no older than 2 years old. Breed doesn't really matter to me. I certainly can't afford any of the high priced breeds. The friend I got my first birds from wont have any layers available until the fall, so I thought I'd check on here and see if anyone local can assist me. Thanks!!
There should be a large variety of laying, or close to laying age girls at the meet up. Welcome to the forum. Search the sickness threads for possible causes to your loss. I look forward to meeting you at the meet.... Bring a carrier or two..... I know you will find some great birds for sale and just might find some in need of rehoming, come early!

The Pomona Meet-Up will be Saturday, May 31st at my home. I will likely put out some light fair, ice water and iced tea. Feel free to bring something to add to the table. Carriebain has a handful of great chicks available from the Easter hatch. You can see the ad at the link below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/874529/croad-langshan-assorted-chicks-for-sale-in-so-ca

Dogs are welcome, so long as they are friendly. I have a large covered patio and a large grassy backyard as well as a long driveway, so we have plenty of room.

Have any wares for sell?? Bring them!

Doors will open at 10 am.

If you are interested in attending, please PM me for the address. Critter crue is hosting this meetup,
Ok, everyone... Those of you who still have birds and left overs from the Norco meet-up and/or Easter. Here is another chance to put those cuties out there for people to see!
ep.gif

You can also see some Amazing pictures of cakes, cupcakes and other goodies. Come on out for some fun, sun, and visiting.
frow.gif

You just might get a tour of the best "Micro-Farm" North of the 91 freeway...
yesss.gif

I will be there and I can't wait to see a picture of the elusive pan of Lasagna....
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom