California-Inland Empire

OMGoodness!! I'd love to come... I'm going to beg my hubs!!! BEG I tell ya! IDK what it'll get me? Sometimes I get really lucky & other times... well, not so much!

I have my own little business, which isn't chicken related, BUT it's farming related! It's called The Hometown Hive & we specialize in all natural honeybee products. Our product line up includes locally harvested, raw honey & 100% all natural beeswax candles & melts scented with essential oils. We've been migratory beekeepers since 1978!

If we come, can I bring some stuff?

Also, are kids allowed? My son is 3.5 & id' love for him to experience some Micro Farming fun,too!

OMGoodness!! I'd love to come... I'm going to beg my hubs!!! BEG I tell ya! IDK what it'll get me? Sometimes I get really lucky & other times... well, not so much! I have my own little business, which isn't chicken related, BUT it's farming related! It's called The Hometown Hive & we specialize in all natural honeybee products. Our product line up includes locally harvested, raw honey & 100% all natural beeswax candles & melts scented with essential oils. We've been migratory beekeepers since 1978! If we come, can I bring some stuff? Also, are kids allowed? My son is 3.5 & id' love for him to experience some Micro Farming fun,too!
Everyone is welcomed and we would love to see the stuff you have for sale! If you have a portable table you could set up a little booth! I'm so excited, it should be so much fun!

Backyard Chicken Meet-Up

Backyard Chicken Keeper’s Unite!
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Doors open at 10am

*Do you have chicks to sell or swap? Bring them!*
* How about some fun wares you make for sale? Bring them!*
New to chicken keeping and don’t know where to start?
Come on out, there will be plenty of people who know a thing or two, ideas for coop design, insight on getting started, what you need and what you don’t. Take this opportunity to learn from others experience. We’ll have take home pamphlets to help you get started too.

We will put out sandwiches and fruit. Iced tea and ice water will also be available. Feel free to “potluck it” and add something to the table.
Be sure to bring any tables and chick wrangling pens you may need. Planning to buy chicks, be sure you bring a box, crate or enclosed carrier to safely transport them home
This Meet-Up is being hosted by Carrie and Jennifer
At Jennifer’s home in Pomona, Ca
Please privately message Jennifer at www.facebook.com/clucknhoe for the address.
Join us for a day of all things poultry.

I used to live in Fallbrook. Hope to move back to North County or East County San Diego soon. What kind of chicks?

We have a barred rock, a Delaware and a Wyandotte...

You are all again cordially invited to the Spring Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is Saturday, March 28th, and the location will be at Lakepoint Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Starts at 10am (set up as early as you want, please bring me some donuts and coffee, lol) and goes until dusk or when Susan stops talking lol. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and a limited amount of picnic tables w/bbq's (3 in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch.
Feel free to add pictures of what you're looking for or what you want to bring. And please share the thread. Any questions, PM me... Thanks...

I hatch with two almost 20 year old Hovabators. One was a gift from my Grandpa for my 12th birthday and the other was his that he bought at the same time. He never used his and recently gave it to me. Mine went on the fritz a few months ago with random temp spikes. It has been used every couple years since my 12th birthday until now and I am 30 so I'd say that was a pretty good run. The other worked perfectly out of the box. Pretty sure I can fix the other one too.

As for humidity, I have experimented over the years and have found the less fussing I do with the incubators the more success I have. That being said, this book came with my incubator and taught me everything I needed to know as far as hatching goes.

http://www.amazon.com/guide-better-hatching-Janet-Stromberg/dp/0915780003

It's still in my library with my kid scribbles and pictures in it from my first hatches. :)

Back
Top Bottom