California-Inland Empire

Pics
When I got there I saw, a sweet lil old lady, "Bee" I think her name was, unloading her van, so I offered to help get her stuff to the tables. After that I mingled around and met a few  fellow "crazies" and learned some chicken stuff... while waiting for one of the women to return who was selling some BLRW's. I made my purchase and then adopted 2 more hens (need to learn to say no)... 

I was needing to get out so I didn't bring more home because I think that I'm probably 4 birds over my housing limit. I also needed to get them home and situated before getting to my grand sons first B-day party.

A dozen more, I know I could never do that!!!!! Nor would the DW let me...lol

Bea was the gal I car pooled with, NOW I remember where I saw the jersey. I just like to push chickens on peeps... :yesss: ;)

Does anyone know any Poultry Auctions nearby other than Mike's???
idunno.gif

We live in Hemet on an acre, about half is just bugs, weeds and dirt. We just got 4 chickens, mostly RI and are looking forward to free ranging our girls.

You are so right. They are still in their coop as we just got them 2 days ago but thr grand kids visit several times a day and give us updates. We got these for bug eating pets and will let them retire after their egg laying is over. I read that having chickens is like having "chicken TV" and I think I agree. Even our Pug goes to the coop just for a look on her way to potty. I think she won't be a problem. I am most worried about hawks so our coop is under a tree and near vegetation they can scoot under. Wish us luck.:rolleyes:

I'm not acreage, wish I was, but we do have a nice big yard. I have a lage net over their large fenced run as we have a creek bed with tons of trees directly out our backyard and the hawks prowl out there everyday. Best wishes to you, it really is chicken t.v. LOL!

We live in Hemet on an acre, about half is just bugs, weeds and dirt. We just got 4 chickens, mostly RI and are looking forward to free ranging our girls.

I am in Hemet also. You will enjoy your chickens and they will enjoy the bugs. Welcome
smile.png

Hi everyone, today I let my girls out for about 1 1/2 hours before dusk. They were very happy and the very independent Mabel found a worm! She seems to stick to herself and the three others follow each other. They all seemed to have a great time. My daughter and I had a fun time watching chicken TV.:)

Hi everyone, today I let my girls out for about 1 1/2 hours before dusk. They were very happy and the very independent Mabel found a worm! She seems to stick to herself and the three others follow each other. They all seemed to have a great time. My daughter and I had a fun time watching chicken TV.:)

Now THAT sounded like a wonderful afternoon WELL SPENT! :cd :thumbsup :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom