California - Northern

We are building our coop now ( chicks are in a brooder right now). My husband drives a tow truck and one of the impounded trucksack was full of different types of wirE which we ended up being given. The wire is smaller than chicken wire ( little squares) and to unroll it and hold it down my husband had to stand on it. ( and he's a big guy). We also got some that looks like mesh screening for Windows but holy Jesus that stuff is sturdy. We are going to use the larger one for the run and the. Double up the bottom half with the smaller wire. We saw it at home depot and it was about 40 dollars per roll for 100 feet.we just got lucky with getting it

Okay so it's welded wire and hardware cloth. Do yall think this would work well for our coop
thumbsup.gif
That is the best stuff!

Excuse me while I brag a bit but my youngest son just finished Med School and is moving to Mississippi to become an Emergency Resident Physician with Ole Miss University Hospital. He always enjoyed raising chickens growing up which I'm sure has led to his success.
Congratulations to you and your son! You should be proud!

I live just outside of Sebastopol, Ca. But I grew up in a small town in Alabama. So in my mind the division of North and south california goes bay area is central, anything above is north and anything below is south. But that's just how it makes sense to me. And to who ever was asking about a feed store that sells chicks in sonoma county, I got mine from the feed store in sebastopol. the opened up in the old Frizzell Enos building. Get weekly shipments of a wide variety of chick. Plus they have great prices on feed and suc.
welcome-byc.gif

We are building our coop now ( chicks are in a brooder right now). My husband drives a tow truck and one of the impounded trucksack was full of different types of wirE which we ended up being given. The wire is smaller than chicken wire ( little squares) and to unroll it and hold it down my husband had to stand on it. ( and he's a big guy). We also got some that looks like mesh screening for Windows but holy Jesus that stuff is sturdy. We are going to use the larger one for the run and the. Double up the bottom half with the smaller wire. We saw it at home depot and it was about 40 dollars per roll for 100 feet.we just got lucky with getting it

Awesome cause we got three 4olls of welded wire and five rolls of hardware cloth. And the best part is that it was free lol
Awesome score! My run is 6' welded wire fencing and I have hardware cloth on the openings on my coop - I've had no break-ins so far
fl.gif

Well my chicks arrived safe and sound this morning! Some of them seem to have bloody poop though. :-( So from what I have read that means cocci? What is the treatment for that?

Back
Top Bottom