California - Northern

I have a about 20-21 week old Pullet that looks like she wants to lay her first egg. She's from my first hatch of this year. She's been in and out of the next box all morning and I can't wait to see what her egg color will be. Hopefully she will be a " keeper".

She's back out of the nest box again cooling off under the misters, so maybe I'll get an egg in the next day or so.

Trisha

Last edited:
Do I need to grind my oyster shell? It is big flakes and my laying chickens dont seem to touch it.

I have one that lays soft shell eggs.

Both the mana pro and the microna poultry grit I have do not need to be ground for my chickens. They are large fowl though. You might need to grind if for bantams?

Last edited:
Where in Berkeley? I bought it at Mike's in San Leandro, and they do tend to be pricey, but so is my other option (Pollinate in Oakland).
Biofuel Oasis on Ashby and Sacramento. It's a biofuel station but they have a small urban farm store with a small but decent selection of chicken gear.

They waste less if you wet the feed first. It is funny--They had a bunch on the ground(cement) yesterday so I sprayed it with a hose and they really went to town on it!

Very silly....

I'm sold on wetting all food. No waste is important and I like adding to their hydration.
1f604.png

I'm debating going back to all flock with the high cost of grain. It is a bit smelly wet but I'll just do it at the coop rather than how I mixed the grain in the laundry .lol

I'm sold on wetting all food. No waste is important and I like adding to their hydration.
1f604.png

I'm debating going back to all flock with the high cost of grain. It is a bit smelly wet but I'll just do it at the coop rather than how I mixed the grain in the laundry .lol

That is why I like FF, extra hydration, no waste, no smelly poop, plus all the great probiotics and more accessible nutrients. So easy to make just soak the food.

Where in Berkeley? I bought it at Mike's in San Leandro, and they do tend to be pricey, but so is my other option (Pollinate in Oakland).

Biofuel Oasis on Ashby and Sacramento.  It's a biofuel station but they have a small urban farm store with a small but decent selection of chicken gear.

Oh, cool. That's actually quite close. Haven't been in. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom