California-Southern

It wasn't a flop as there were a lot of people there & we had a good three plus hours before all the mess happened. From my perspective it went well & there were more people than the last one I was at. It's just now everything from here on out will be different & that is a shame.

I won't be able to go to yours because it is Memorial Day Saturday but I am pretty busy all May & June so my input really doesn't matter on the date on this one!

I hope you have a great turnout & lots of fun & fellowship & swapping :)

Trish
www.thehappyhealthychicken.com

I had no idea there were folks selling organic feed at these things. I have never actually been to one. I didn't mean to sound offensive in calling it a flop. I had just heard through the grapevine that you all got chased out. It is just unfortunate. I would really like to have a good turn out for the May one so I can experience the fellowship and fun. I haven't many friends who understand why I enjoy keeping chickens so it would be nice to be among like minded people. Please do share a couple of dates that would work for you, you never know.

I was unable to attend this past weekend's Norco meet-up. Sorry it was a flop. I am still hosting a BACKYARD meet-up at my place in Pomona on May 24th. I have just realized this is indeed Memorial Day weekend so if this date is not great, just holler, we can swing something different.

The goal of this meet-up is going to be clearing our those Easter Hatch-Along chicks. How many of you are participating?? I have Carriebain's 4 dz cooking away at my place. I have a large enough backyard with LARGE covered patio to accommodate a decent crowd.

This meet-up will NOT be potluck, I will happily supply ice water and maybe even some iced tea, just bring a cup and your own food. Please PM me about the date, and if it will work for you. We'll go from there.

I'll leave you with a picture of 2 of the 3 Croad Langshans that hatched out a week ago. We have 2 ( a blue and a black) for sale. Marek's Vaccinated

On a holiday weekend.... That might be a stretch, maybe the following weekend...

I was unable to attend this past weekend's Norco meet-up. Sorry it was a flop. I am still hosting a BACKYARD meet-up at my place in Pomona on May 24th. I have just realized this is indeed Memorial Day weekend so if this date is not great, just holler, we can swing something different.

The goal of this meet-up is going to be clearing our those Easter Hatch-Along chicks. How many of you are participating?? I have Carriebain's 4 dz cooking away at my place. I have a large enough backyard with LARGE covered patio to accommodate a decent crowd.

This meet-up will NOT be potluck, I will happily supply ice water and maybe even some iced tea, just bring a cup and your own food. Please PM me about the date, and if it will work for you. We'll go from there.

I'll leave you with a picture of 2 of the 3 Croad Langshans that hatched out a week ago. We have 2 ( a blue and a black) for sale. Marek's Vaccinated

I am participating in the Easter Hatch along.
It wasn't a flop as there were a lot of people there & we had a good three plus hours before all the mess happened. From my perspective it went well & there were more people than the last one I was at. It's just now everything from here on out will be different & that is a shame.

I won't be able to go to yours because it is Memorial Day Saturday but I am pretty busy all May & June so my input really doesn't matter on the date on this one!

I hope you have a great turnout & lots of fun & fellowship & swapping :)

Trish
I agree with the fact that it was not a flop I had a great time and was there 4 1/2 hours I left after the Pavilion was being evacuated as my chickens were taken and I had looked so many times at everybody's poultry and loved all of them and I actually left without any thing I am amazed I fought the temptation WOW! And visited with a lot of people, met new people etc so in my book it was a success. I had a blast.

I think I'm good for June 14th or 21st.

I did all my chicken buying for the spring but would gladly bring feed for people who wanted some & hang out & admire everyone else's chickens :) Must resist, must resist!! When I first heard about *Chicken Math* I thought it was the Kookiest thing I had ever heard, now as I have 17 or is it 19 (?) chicks in the house after this weekend & I have lost track of about 4 of them as to which breed is which I am starting to understand!!!

BTW-My hubby goes to work in Alhambra so if anyone on the route from Mira Loma to there ever wants organic Scratch and Peck feed he is willing to meet people that way, too. :)

Trish

My kids and I had fun at the meet up on Saturday. We left with some hatching eggs that are now in the incubator. Hope those are good eggs that will hatch me some cute chicks.

I didn't even know we have poultry meets in southern California. I have asked so many people and they don't know either. I'm by Palm Springs how would I find out about the next meet I would love to go and check them out.

I didn't even know we have poultry meets in southern California. I have asked so many people and they don't know either. I'm by Palm Springs how would I find out about the next meet I would love to go and check them out. 
[/quote

All you have to do is subscribe to this page for all the chicken action in Southern CA. The next meet-up is June 8th in Ramona, CA and the fall meet-up will be in late Sept /early Oct....in Norco again

Back
Top Bottom