California-Southern

Pics
I have an incident that everyone might like to hear. One of my hens was being picked on by her coop mates so I removed her and put her in the aviary with the parakeets and canaries. She did well for a week. At the time I put her in there I put wire over the opening where the other birds went inside their cage and cut a 4x4 opening so they could fly in and out but prevent her from trying to roost in there. Well, one morning the hen wasn't in the flight cage and I couldn't figure out how she'd got out. I opened the big door so I could look into the aviary inside cage and that dumb hen had got through that 4x4 opening and killed herself. The birds hadn't bothered her but she must have wanted to roost inside even though she had a perch outside. They do strange things I guess.

Quick question from Iowa: My dad is a huge VW person and he was saying one of the other VW guys on the Samba forum has backyard chickens in California - would that be any of you??

Just thinking about those 6 degrees of seperation
wink.png

It has to be him
smile.png
Ask him if he knows a RussW.
cool.png

If I remember it came up because they were talking about the whole somamella thing - but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
I'm in Inyokern. Hello Tehachapi. I go through there every time we go to Bakersfield to shop or visit DH's daughter and her family and go up to Visalia to visit my daughter and her family.

Back
Top Bottom