California-Southern

Pics
Anyone else wanna come to the San Diego meet-up? We're having kind of a trade/ potluck thing going on on Saturday the 25th.
big_smile.png

I'm new to this site and so far I've learned so much and coturnix quail. I live in Ontario so Cal. I would love to get in touch with member in this area.

Potterwatch, I am new to the forum. I live near you in West Covina. I hope there is another get together in the future. I would love to join in the fun. I do not actually have chickens right now. I am looking around and trying to find either hens or chicks. It would be nice to meet the locals since I am so out of the loop now that all of the places that I use to purchase feed from are closed now.

Nancy

Quote:
I have had birds my whole life so this intrigues me...did she kill herself by working so hard to squeeze through the hole? I've learned that birds can and will do all sorts of things that go against their nature.

Hey So Cal Peeps!

We're looking for two possible favors...

We are moving from LA (back) to San Diego. (I'm not sure if I can make the meet-up this Sat).

We are staying in a friend's condo while we look for a permanent place with a yard.

We brought our 3 hens down this weekend and they are in "foster care" here in SD (but not particularly close to where we are staying in North park).

The problem is the "foster mom" who is a friend of a friend, hasn't been using her pen/coop because she has two dogs in the yard. When I took them there today the dog was harassing the chickens through the wire and, although he can't get to them, they were freaking out. She put the dog in the house, but it can't stay there until we have a yard.

So we are looking for other folks willing to foster 3 hens for up to a couple of months. Near North Park (92104) would be best, but we are flexible as long as we can come visit them.

Can anyone help out?

Also we want to move our tractor (roughly 4'x7' footprint) from LA (90019) to San Diego. we can get my brother-in-law to make a special trip with his pick-up, but if anyone happens to be driving that way over the next month, please PM me. I'm usually in LA Thursday & Friday, but with enough notice could be there other days for the pick up.

(Obviously, if a potential foster home needs the tractor to keep the chickens, we can get it to you, otherwise we will store it here).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Back
Top Bottom