California-Southern

Pics
Hey Krazeepolac, What are you birds called. Did you notice that there are a few of up bird-keepers on BYC fro Ridgecrest, Inyokern and the Lake Isabella area ? Do you have any EEs, Andalusian, Wyandottes, Dominiques, Ameraucanas....or whatever ? Mary the good clean-up girl from Lithuania but called polac by the nuns ! Who care anyway !

Last edited:
Quote:
GOOD LUCK, if you think you'll raise chickens or anything else in Santa Barbara or Goleta!!
gig.gif
I lived there for 29 years.
old.gif
Anything you build there has to have a spanish tile roof, & they have cranky:rant & rich people
tongue2.gif
that will rant/rave
barnie.gif
if you try to have any kinda critters. The well to do
bow.gif
seem to be able to have horses. The swap meet @ the drive in is taken over by people selling new junque
sickbyc.gif
in cheap cardboard boxes.
tongue.gif

Flower: what are my birds called? CHICKENS!!!
gig.gif
All jokes aside, no, I haven't met or seen anyone online from this area as yet. I have barred rocks, pearl white leghorns, & new hampshire reds. One of the BR's & one NHR is gonna get the boot soon! They are roo's, which I don't want. If you know anyone looking for roo's, they were hatched on 8-11-2010. They are just getting thier voices now. Free is a good price if you know anyone that wants them. I buy my feed/supplies @ Inyokern. Not much choice around this area.
idunno.gif

We are in Santa Barbara. We have had chickens for decades-several of our neighbors have chickens, one goats too.

Both La Cumbre Feed and Island Seed and feed sell baby chicks in the spring to fall (Island has Turkey's too)

There are a lot of people with backyard chickens, I would suggest you look at the city codes that you want to live in or call the people at Island Seed (they are more in the Goleta Area) and ask them.

You might want to look at places on the edges of the city but in the county (we are in the county)

Like anywhere, if you have bad neighbors or are not considerate(noise-smell-etc), you are more likely to have issues.

Anyone planning on going to the Poultry Show in Bakersfield on November 13th & 14th ? I have never been to a Poultry Show and I am curious so I must go to find out what I can find out !

Flower those are some beauties I went to the show at Paso Robles it was interesting mostly Banties not much large fowl I don't think I'm going to Bakersfield unless it's bad weather too much to do at home. I am planning on going to Stockton in January

Do any of you southern californians. Know where a San diego guy like me can get a hold of a gamefowl pullet? Maybe a Thai ? American gamefowl? Or a aseel?
Please message me or anything! I want one so bad.!!

Back
Top Bottom