California-Southern

Pics
Is anyone going to the show in Victorville on Dec 4th? It's only about an hour from us so we plan to go. We went to the Bakersfield show Saturday and had a great time. The Victorville one sounds like it will be fairly large. It said on the clubs website that they have 2 buildings this year. It's at the fair grounds.

I am from the Mohave Desert too. Right off the 58 by the Air Force base.

I didn't know Victorville had a poultry show. It sounds interesting. I missed the Bakersfield show due to a hurt knee. I might try the Victorville one if I don't break my neck or something.
gig.gif

I live north of 58 about 45 miles off of 395 so it's only an hour and a half I think.

Quote:
Hey it is so good to hear from the So Ca thread and specifically about the local show attendance. Due to family/personal stuff i missed the Bakersfield Show and of course was disappointed. Therefor I HOPE to go to the show in Victorville. Please Tell me what you enjoyed about Bakersfield. And I hope to see meet you in Victorville ?

Here is the link to the Victorville show. http://mysite.verizon.net/res107k3s/id12.html

DH
and I brought our three girls 11-8 to the show in Bakersfield. We just had a lot of fun looking and dreaming. the girls LOVED the chicken obsticle course that the young kids put their chickens through and they got to talk to other kids who love chickens too. They had a breeders raffle. I think about a dozen nice quility pairs of birds were available in the raffle. $1 a ticket. DH bought the girls and I tickets and we made our picks. At the end of the day each one of us won a pair! It was hilarious. We also bought each girl a D'Uccle pullet just for fun. It was just a nice day with the family. It is over an hours drive there. But it takes forvever to get anywhere when you live out here.

We are for sure going to the Victorville show. I can't wait. I really want to learn more about showing. Youngest DD is very interested as well.

Quote:
What a good experience for kids ! We were in 4-H but my son never developed a liking for chickens. Wow what a decent price for a breeding pair or even just two birds. Are you experienced with raising chickens ? Well if not you will be from the sounds of you day in Bakersfield ! Most fairs have some kind of animal race but never have I seen it sponsored for kids. Guess I have not been to enough country fairs. Originally a city girl, I only started working with animals of any kind as a parent and love the animals even though I have become an "ancient one" aka "empty nester" or wanta be "grandmother". (i still work with youth in the local literacy council.)

I have six breeds of chickens and specially want to raise two "pure breeds" and several different mixed breeds to see what i can do with that. I love BYC community as far as a resource for information and networking. My aim is to have a multicolored basket of eggs. Blue, white and a mix of in-betweens. I sure hope to attend the 12/4 show in Victorville with Baustin.

Quote:
What a good experience for kids ! We were in 4-H but my son never developed a liking for chickens. Wow what a decent price for a breeding pair or even just two birds. Are you experienced with raising chickens ? Well if not you will be from the sounds of you day in Bakersfield ! Most fairs have some kind of animal race but never have I seen it sponsored for kids. Guess I have not been to enough country fairs. Originally a city girl, I only started working with animals of any kind as a parent and love the animals even though I have become an "ancient one" aka "empty nester" or wanta be "grandmother". (i still work with youth in the local literacy council.)

I have six breeds of chickens and specially want to raise two "pure breeds" and several different mixed breeds to see what i can do with that. I love BYC community as far as a resource for information and networking. My aim is to have a multicolored basket of eggs. Blue, white and a mix of in-betweens. I sure hope to attend the 12/4 show in Victorville with Baustin.

We have had chickens for about a year and a half. So I am still learning. I have a few breeds I am starting out with and a laying flock. We got 2 pair of bantam cochins (buff and black) and one pair of standard cochins (buff) from the raffle, and a pair of bantam cornish. My husband enjoys raising chickens as much as I do, so it's fun for the family.

Last edited:
I'm in Laguna Beach and have four cuties available for free. I can't keep all of them and have four silkies available, two red females, one white rooster and one blk rooster. They really tame and can meet you half way if necessary. They're four months old and very healthy. I'd like to find them the right home; attached to them since I've had them here since day old chicks.

Back
Top Bottom