California-Southern

Pics
Quote:
i havent found any buddies in mira mesa who own/raise chickens:(
mira mesa is a pretty packed area with nheibors who complain
barnie.gif

Then I guess that all of you birds are hens ? My neighborhood is pretty easy going except the woman behind me........w*^%$.. So what size and type of flock do you have ?

yes i have all hens
lol.png
even tohugh i would want a rooster
sad.png

i have 4 serama pullets rite now. im also trying to get a hold of a silkie but i have no clue where to get one in san diego =/

Hello! Our "undetermined" buff silkie that we hatched from "peachick's" eggs in June crowed this morning. I need to find him a new home. I listed him in the auction site, but if anyone wants to pick him up in Encino, i.e. Los Angeles, please email me. He's beautiful but Eva turned out to be Ivan after all. I have more pix of him under the auction site.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5213088#p5213088

51356_ivan_left_view_.jpg

I was surprised to see that Kahoots on Main St. in Ramona, (San Diego County) had some chicks in: Bantam Cochins, Buff Orpingtons and Naked Neck Turkens. It was so tempting but my coop is full.
Those Turkens are pretty cute!!
jumpy.gif

Finally I attended a Poultry Show. This one was in Victorville and the majority of birds were bantams, American Game and OEG and several Shamos . In the auction I missed out on a beautiful pair of Dave Anderson's Buff Laced Polish. I was afraid that the bidder would go too high and I would get caught up in the fight to win and I had not set a limit on what I wanted. I won a total of 9 birds and gave 5 away because I really didn't want them. It looks as if I need a whole lot more practice with bidding. I came home with a pair of white show birds, who seem very sweet and two bantam EE. What I really want are true Ameraucanas but there were none there. ZERO

The person who was going to pick him up this weekend just changed his mind. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I already had removed the post from the auction site but I can email more pix too.

51356_ivan_11-28-10.jpg

Quote:

Hello from Pasadena! I've got some room in my coop and I'd like to get some chicks soon - I'm looking for EE's, or ameracaunas, and black copper marans. Is there any source in SoCal for any of these? I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance. I'd order some but I can only fit 4-5 more, so I can't order 25 . . . unless anyone else in the area wants to join me? I'd really like to have them in the next month or two. I started off with hatchery chicks from a feed store in La Habra, but I'd prefer to go to the source this time. Feed store will be my last resort (and for that matter, does anyone know of a feed store that sells chicks anywhere closer to Pasadena/LA? just in case).
I've got the itch, bad! You know how it is - once I make up my mind I want it yesterday!!

Back
Top Bottom