California-Southern

Pics
National City?!!! I never thought to look there. Cooooooool

Susan

uh oh... ok, I must repeat after me "I will not look at any more chickens until I know how my order is going to go" :Jumpy

I didn't look there either! Who would have thought... I thought east county would have more, and I saw the baby turkeys in Lakeside when going to buy horse stuff.
I ordered my chicks on line as well, because I don't know the town we're moving to very well (in two or three weeks) and I want chicks the second I get there - ok a week later. My chicks are due to arrive on August 10th I believe.

Quote:
I'm in Camarillo but not the farming-zoned areas...I am in the actual city portion of it.

My chickens were the end-result of a Kgarten project, local Santa Rosa farm gave the school 90 eggs, 3 incubators and 3 cages. The farm didn't want 90 baby chickens, so the teachers offered them to the kids. I originally said no on the grounds we had nothing to keep them in, so the teacher offered my kid a cage!

Sooooo.... I now have 2 very spoiled chickens. Kids got bored with them quickly, I didn't.
roll.png

Well, you'd probably have some problems keeping a roo in Camarillo but hopefully they wouldn't bug you with two hens!
I grew up off 118 between Moorpark and Somis (Hitch Blvd) so we always had horses, chickens, cows, goats, sheep, dogs, you name it!
My husband grew up smack dab in the middle of TO so he's still trying to get used to all these farm animals!
lol.png

The second we can get back up there, we will.... But we can't cough up $1.5 million to buy a house with a half acre.
he.gif

Silkie parrots love hot peppers. They are immune to the capsaicin and in some cases it works as an analgesic.

Bubba

PS My baby White Crest Polish and Mottled Houdan Died
RIP Q-tip & Diver
July 01-5th & July 01-10th Respectively

They're Here!
wee.gif

The babies arrived today. McMurray Hatchery, I ordered 25 mixed bantam chicks. I had one who was looking bad on pick up and died after a few hours. The rest look perky now that they've had some water and rest. They sent quite a few extras, so I'm starting a list of people who might be interested in bantam roosters when we can tell what they are.

HUGS

Susan

I was cruising around the 909 yesterday and saw out of the corner of my eye. Pomona Feed, so I stopped in. They had 50lb bags of DE for 22 dollars what a steal. Been looking for it a while, thought Id give you all a heads up if your still looking for it. Oh yea and the blonde girl there was omfg beautiful I mean you should see the baby RIR chicks they had....

lol.png
Bubba

Quote:
Really??!! I've been looking for DE in this area so that I didn't have to pay the high shipping costs that come along with it. Is it Codex Food Grade?? Where is this place?

Um its right off the 71N past the 60. Ill get ya directions later just about to head out for work. I felt the same way, shipping sux! Yes its food grade. Has Codex on the bag.

3895 Mission Blvd. Pomona, CA 91766. (909) 622-4989
They are closed on Sundays. Don't worry I will find out the blonde girls name for ya!
lol.png

Bubba

This is nice to know! Pomona is not THAT far from me either. At the moment, I have DE, which I did pay shipping for. The one time I used it, I was afraid of breathing it, so I stopped. What do you guys do with it?

BTW Anyone wanting Polish Roos that hatched out of blue eggs? These were bread to lay blue eggs, and I was hoping to get hens, of course. But if you bread these to hens, the offspring have a chance of laying blue eggs, as the blue gene is dominate. They are white polish, with a few blackish feathers in the top hat, and bit of cream on the edges of some of the feathers. I have two roos, about 16 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom