California-Southern

I think hatching is WAY more fun than getting chicks in the mail. I only order eggs. My problem is I love to hatch....I go a little crazy. I am SO, SO overloaded with chicks of all ages right now. I've slowly been selling them, but I have a lot more to go. I definitely have free roosters if anyone is interested.
Where in Calif are you located?

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I live in Southern San Luis Obispo County and my neighbor and I have been getting our birds from Dare to Dreams Farms in Lompoc. We have seen a little mortality then I would like to see, so I was looking for another farm to get my starter pullets from.
I find just a few people sell extra birds on Craigslist. Can anyone recommend a breeder is this area. I am looking for standard breeds such as RI, BR or EE's.
Thanks.
I have not had good luck with Craigslist. I found it really hard to qualify their sources.

Where in Calif are you located?

I am in Simi Valley - Ventura County.

I've had really good luck with some Craigslist selllers, I've had horrible luck with others. When I hatch eggs, I don't leave feedback until after the eggs hatch. Since I always hatch from several people each time, it was easy to tell which were good and which were not.

Hi all, I have a 3 Brinseas. 2 are spot on for temps. Great hatches. The newest, a Brinsea 20 is off by about 3 degrees. Does anyone know where I can take it to get it calibrated? I don't want to do it myself.

Thanks!
Lyons in El Cajon used to service them, in fact I am planning on taking most of my bators to them for a tune up. All 3 r-coms have issues.

I have ~16 week Pullets for sale.
$15 each. Should be great layers (leghorn mothers) and they look cool. White with black spots.
They have cost me more than that to hatch and raise them.

http://unionpoint.com/products/poultry-feeds/
So cal Friends - I have done a ton of research on feed and am looking for peeps to partner with a split a 1 ton delivery (forty 50lb bags) from Union Point of their Layer Pellets. Basically Corn, Soy, GMO-Free as well as no DE and no "grain products" with added marigold and pumpkin. Price estimate is $30 per 50lb bag. Please PM me if you are interested. I'd like to order in the month of October 2017.

Hey So Cal folks, thought I had seen a thread about a local group purchase of feed in the last day or two. Can't find it now. Anybody else see it?

Thanks!

Lyons in El Cajon used to service them, in fact I am planning on taking most of my bators to them for a tune up. All 3 r-coms have issues.

What kind of store is Lyons? I'm up in Ventura county, so El Cajon is a bit of a drive, but managable. I searched for Lyons and came up with a Muffler shop.

I have ~16 week Pullets for sale.
$15 each. Should be great layers (leghorn mothers) and they look cool. White with black spots.
They have cost me more than that to hatch and raise them.

Ugh! I want these! But I have ZERO space. I'm at the point where if I got any more I'd be a hoarder. Hah. I'll ask around to my non BYC friends. Such cuties.

Back
Top Bottom