CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

2 are black sex-links witch I bought them from Aaron @ eastcountyzoo.com here in San Diego. the other one I bought from some one and I'm trying to find out what they are. No one seems to know.

2 are black sex-links witch I bought them from Aaron @ eastcountyzoo.com here in San Diego. the other one I bought from some one and I'm trying to find out what they are. No one seems to know.
The thread has been pretty slow, but I'm sure someone will come in and help. I'm not sure what they are, but there's one I was thinking was a Swedish Flower Hen, but then I remembered seeing some Silkie crosses that looks a lot like that. Or maybe a Polish mix. It's the one with the crest in the top pic.

I just found out the white one are ( silver duckwing welsummer bantam) and the yellow ones are (gold duckwing welsummer bantam) they are Bellacross hens and their is another one called portrige duckwing. they lay brown spotted eggs and deep brown eggs.

Last edited:
Is there any breeders near Sacramento? Particularly Orpington, Wyandotte, or D'uccle?
smile.png
try papa brooder in the classified threads

I used to frequent this site a lot more than I used to. Well, I am hoping some of you might be able to help. If you can’t maybe you might know someone who can. Due to unforeseen circumstances (house burned, not all the way and no animals were hurt) I am having to do a major downsizing of my flock. My husband and I currently rent we will be doing clean up from the fire for the next few months but plan on moving sometime next year. Where we will be going I know I won’t be able to take all my birds w/ me. At this time I am trying to rehome all my excess cockerels first as I don’t want to be scrambling at the last minute. At this time no hens or pullets are available. They will become available when the time comes as females are much easier to find homes for.

At this time I have mostly silkies ranging from PQ to BQ, no SQ silkies available. Most of the silkies were hatched from paint eggs and so I have whites, blacks, a few buffs and one or two paints. I also have 3 pure blacks which were hatched from eggs I ordered from another silkie breeder. I think 2 of these blacks are BQ and one is PQ. I also have a few Lavender and Black split Ameraucanas as well needing to be rehomed. I also have one splash orpington cockerel available too.
Finally I have a pair of golden phoenix’s (cockerel is 10wks and the pullet is 12wks). These 2 must go as a pair together. I might have other phoenix cockerels available later this year as well. For the pair I am asking $35 price is firm.

I have included some pics of some of the birds, not all of them. At this time I only have pics of the phoenix and some of the silkies. Other pics available upon request. If you are interested in any of these birds please email me at [email protected] for further questions and prices. I am not letting these birds go for free as I’ve worked my butt off getting to where I am today. The prices I am offering if you do contact me I feel they are more than fair. Plus it will help to offset some of the feed costs and general maintenance of the birds.

I don’t ship birds they are available for local pickup. I am located in the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area. If you are far from me and don’t want to make the drive to pickup perhaps we can find someone that is going to your area for transport. There are lots of options, just no shipping of live birds.

Back
Top Bottom