Call Duck Drake Flew Away??

OMG! I am sooo happy right now! I glanced out the window and there he was!! Wattling around by the bird pen!
big_smile.png
he came back to his girls THUNDER IS HOME!! They're all happily quacking together now that he's back
smile.png

I'm so happy to have him back
big_smile.png

Thanks @Miss Lydia @minihorse927 @RavynFallen
For all the support!
smile.png

Doing the happy dance for you.
wee.gif
You may wish to trim ONE of his wings, until you get the top on. Do this by trimming off the primaries on one wing, as this will have him unbalanced until his next molt. Cut only the bottom row (primaries) about 9 feathers from tip going towards duck.

Hope this helps. So happy for you.

Sorry, but I personally disagree with clipping a single wing... I hate clipping a Call, but have done it when necessary... I've found that clipping both is effective for keeping them low enough to stay inside a fence, they can clear a 2' high divider though, lol... but one wing causes them to make predictable circles and if they are trying to get away from a predator that is more likely to bring them right back into their reach... I'd rather they are balanced and can keep control of their direction more than anything... jmo...

Eidted to add pics for wing clipping...

Last edited:
Sorry, but I personally disagree with clipping a single wing... I hate clipping a Call, but have done it when necessary... I've found that clipping both is effective for keeping them low enough to stay inside a fence, they can clear a 2' high divider though, lol... but one wing causes them to make predictable circles and if they are trying to get away from a predator that is more likely to bring them right back into their reach... I'd rather they are balanced and can keep control of their direction more than anything... jmo...

Eidted to add pics for wing clipping...

No problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If someone is concerned about predators chasing after them and want them to fly, then just leave them balanced and full winged where they can really fly and have full control of their flight. I know OP stated she was putting a top on her pen to prevent further escapades.

I do like the pics you added, that helps see what we are talking about & I wasn't able to do pics when I posted earlier. Love the different colors to show the different types of feathers.

OMG! I am sooo happy right now! I glanced out the window and there he was!! Wattling around by the bird pen!
big_smile.png
he came back to his girls THUNDER IS HOME!! They're all happily quacking together now that he's back
smile.png

I'm so happy to have him back
big_smile.png

Thanks @Miss Lydia @minihorse927 @RavynFallen
For all the support!
smile.png
Yippie for Thunder!!!
woot.gif
I am so happy for you and for him to find his way back safe and sound!!

Now get that pen covered. lol

And pics we need some pics!!
pop.gif

I haven't had the chance to get any pictures yet! Sorry! I've been kind of running around like a chicken with its head lopped off lol I hope this suffices! For now atleast!

That's Grady in the back right
My female blue fawn Lightning on the left and black bibbed female Little Lady beside her :)

Lightning and Little Lady are Thunders girls
And I hope to post a pic of Thunder soon!

Last edited:
I haven't had the chance to get any pictures yet! Sorry! I've been kind of running around like a chicken with its head lopped off lol I hope this suffices! For now atleast!

That's Grady in the back right
My female blue fawn Lightning on the left and black bibbed female Little Lady beside her :)

Lightning and Little Lady are Thunders girls
And I hope to post a pic of Thunder soon!

:love

:pop

Back
Top Bottom