Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Rather than start a new thread im going to resurrect this one! I just set 6 *hopefully fertile* call eggs in my hovabator yesterday. The temp this morning was a beautiful 101.6 (still air) and the humidity was a little high at 48% but dropped to 35% when i turned them. Im going to aim for 30-40%. Really hoping this goes well, would've put in more but my girls aren't religious about laying!

Rather than start a new thread im going to resurrect this one! I just set 6 *hopefully fertile* call eggs in my hovabator yesterday. The temp this morning was a beautiful 101.6 (still air) and the humidity was a little high at 48% but dropped to 35% when i turned them. Im going to aim for 30-40%. Really hoping this goes well, would've put in more but my girls aren't religious about laying!
So your trying out the Call Duck Challenge, LOL, I have 25 eggs in my bator all due on Feb.23, I had to set my humidity 55% only because I have been having a sticky issue lately. I usually do the dry method which is setting the humidity at 20% but because of all the losses I was having, I UPED the Humidity. I beleive it has something to do with the cold weather and the fact that I have a space heater in my room. SO far with the humidity set at 55% things are looking good. I started out with 33 eggs and all of these were shipped to me so to be on day 18 and still have 25 babies growing strong, I will be EXTREMELY happy with the end results no matter what it maybe..

So your trying out the Call Duck Challenge, LOL, I have 25 eggs in my bator all due on Feb.23, I had to set my humidity 55% only because I have been having a sticky issue lately. I usually do the dry method which is setting the humidity at 20% but because of all the losses I was having, I UPED the Humidity. I beleive it has something to do with the cold weather and the fact that I have a space heater in my room. SO far with the humidity set at 55% things are looking good. I started out with 33 eggs and all of these were shipped to me so to be on day 18 and still have 25 babies growing strong, I will be EXTREMELY happy with the end results no matter what it maybe..
Good to see you too!!

Glad to see your at it again, and still in bird company. Do you still have your geese?
Doing great here!!
Oh yeh and I tell you girl. Those geese all five of them are so LOUD when I go and feed them. WHOLLY COW. Can’t hear myself thinking. I have one sitting on eggs right now not sure if they are fertiled. I’m afraid to check because she hisses and bites the crap out of me lol. But she’s got this HUGE nest right now, I’m waiting for her to leave the nest so I can candle her eggs but I don’t dare do it with her there. The war is on if I go near it while she’s there!!! Lol crazy ass goose! But they are looking a lot better then when I first got them. Oh man do u remember the pics of there feet? All burnt up. Well they seem to be 100% back to normal now and the limping has gone away. That must have hurt sooooooo bad.

Back
Top Bottom