Calling all Dog owners!

We have a rough collie. Her name is Daisy. She is almost a year old. We have had her for five months. She was the runt of the litter. She is a total sweetheart. She is currently laying on our couch.
20190503_122405.jpg
20190215_164101.jpg

We now have two dogs again. Our Baylee is 15 and has cancer in the roof of her mouth that also has grown into her sinuses. She is a Border Collie/German wirehair/Lab mix. We are really going to miss her. just she has been an amazing dog.

We just got another dog, Marlin (came as Marley). He is just over one year old and a Lab Shepherd mix. Really wants to play with Baylee, but is too big . We are VERY slowly introducing him to cats and finally opened the chicken pen yesterday for a little bit after just over two weeks with the new dog. We have free ranging chickens and I think a long road ahead of us.

We decided to take a few weeks to let him settle in and get used to his new family. I had him on a leash and he did okay but really wanted to check them out. I just kept going by them back and forth and gave him treats when he ignored them. Baylee was right there ready to let him know he can't eat chickens for a snack, but she is so frail. We were hoping she would be able to help train a new dog, but we don't want to stress her out too much. She is a rule enforcer..... just ask our cats.lol

Attachments

• 20190909_160648.jpg
    20190909_160648.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1559788079572.jpg
    1559788079572.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20190916_193217179.jpg
    IMG_20190916_193217179.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20190918_074807066.jpg
    IMG_20190918_074807066.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 5
We now have two dogs again. Our Baylee is 15 and has cancer in the roof of her mouth that also has grown into her sinuses. She is a Border Collie/German wirehair/Lab mix. We are really going to miss her. just she has been an amazing dog.

We just got another dog, Marlin (came as Marley). He is just over one year old and a Lab Shepherd mix. Really wants to play with Baylee, but is too big . We are VERY slowly introducing him to cats and finally opened the chicken pen yesterday for a little bit after just over two weeks with the new dog. We have free ranging chickens and I think a long road ahead of us.

We decided to take a few weeks to let him settle in and get used to his new family. I had him on a leash and he did okay but really wanted to check them out. I just kept going by them back and forth and gave him treats when he ignored them. Baylee was right there ready to let him know he can't eat chickens for a snack, but she is so frail. We were hoping she would be able to help train a new dog, but we don't want to stress her out too much. She is a rule enforcer..... just ask our cats.lol

:hugs We lost an 8 year old Malamute named Vinnie to cancer. I am sorry your Baylee is struggling with it.

Our Vinnie.
IMG_20161125_123028.jpg

Yeah not a good pic. It is blurry. :(

Does anyone know about moving with pets I have a cat sunny shes 3 and a dog Mabel shes 9 any advice would be appreciated we have had Mabel since she was a puppy and have lived in the same house since then we have had sunny for about six months she is an outdoor cat although she comes in the house she stays outside most of the time Mabel isn't on a leash her but we plan on getting her one when we move we live on two acres in the country so we just let her roam we are moving to six acres about an hour away so she's gonna be on a leash for a while the cat we plan on keeping her inside the of the house for a few weeks she wont be that hard just worried about stress on the cat and dog they are yoused to a small 3 bedroom 2 bath house we are moving to a house with stares and 5 bedroom and 4baths it's a big house any advice will be appreciated thankyou
hello I thought i would post a update so the house that we planed on moving to got sold at the same time our house sold we ended up in a rental house for close to a year then after looking at lots of houses with no luck we finally found a house with20 acres we during that time we got another kitten who is now 6 mouths old a german shepherd who is also around 6 mouths old and a 4 mouth old blue heeler aussie kelpie mix not what we planed but god knew what he was doing:D

Back
Top Bottom