calling any one from missouri

Yup handwarmers.....I always have a bunch around for CCW classes as they are held outside even through the winter.....I am a Range Safety Officer for the classes. I tend to give them to students when their hands get just plain too cold to shoot anymore, plus my poor old hands need them! We do have a wood burning stove so we would never be without heat, but I think the warmers would do good to help insure the little ones have a really good warm spot or two.

I have lots of blue Ameracana eggs. Blue, green, pink. I dont have a EE Rooster with the girls, right now it's a Plymouth Rock. Were hatching some of the eggs right now. The girls came from Estes hatchery last March. I have 10 more pullets, and 3 little roos from Cackle last week. I live in California,mo. I am interested in finding a goosling in our area to give my goose a friend. I might be able to help you if you want a different Roo later when I start hatching off Ameracanas with the help of my new Am Roos? Theres always this April at Jacobs Cave?

Darling little fuzzbutts!!!!
love.gif

They sure are cute KatieBugg. Hope you got plenty of girls and few boys (my luck last year, first try I got 2 out of 2 boys).

I'm going to have to stay out of Tractor Supply and Orschlens for the next month or so because I hear the chicks are suppose to start arriving. Unless I lose some hens, I'm not really needing more chickens. I have got to avoid the Chicken Math problem.
wink.png

CG

I got 16 pullets and 3 roos. I also have my 8 older hens so I surely will not be picking up anymore chicks, I have my hands full right now...lol. My 3 roos in the bunch are all the lighter colored which is a blue with a yellow/cream color. They did have a really good variety in this batch of chicks, Cackle also had a heat pack for them even tho we picked them up! Hubby almost had me talked into a few ducklings they had in the store front lol.....but I resisted as I do not have anyplace to house them.

Chicken math has tried to creep up on me a few times, I do not want anymore birds than I can take care of and keep extremely healthy.

I'm hoping for some blue eggers out of the green EE eggs my BO is foster setting on right now.
Put a couple BA and BA*BO eggs in there too.
Have a line on some rose comb RIR's to bring in my general multi-use egg producers I let free range.
Dunno, unless I can get to growing most of my own feed can't see loading up on birds being very economicaly sound.
Feed's expensive!

Back
Top Bottom