calling on the experts on HUMDITY

how could you cook them if your temp did not rise - LOL
sometimes I cannot see movement and then I panic as well.  Take it easy.  Yeah the straw thing is OK - I figured that one out when I was suppose to be on lockdown during my hatch and kept hearing DONT OPEN THE LID.  It takes quite a few droppers full sometimes to get your humidity back up if you have let it lapse but it is better than opening lid.  Also on lockdown I have seen some people just prior put sponges (cut to fit) in the channel(s) to keep humidity at the higher level.  Once I had filled the channels on my last hatch...it was hard for me to keep humidity up.  It seemed as though I was always having to add water so I may try the sponge thing in one channel this time out. 
You are right on the cooking :D. That was silly of me to think that. My temperature is now at 100.2 F. I think the inside temperature is higher during the day so the incubator gets a bit warmer too. Should I adjust it so that it goes back down to 99.5 F? It probably will go lower on its own later this evening when the room temperature goes down.

You are right on the cooking
big_smile.png
. That was silly of me to think that. My temperature is now at 100.2 F. I think the inside temperature is higher during the day so the incubator gets a bit warmer too. Should I adjust it so that it goes back down to 99.5 F? It probably will go lower on its own later this evening when the room temperature goes down.
Is the eco different from the advance? My temp only fluctuates between 99.4 - 99.6 no matter what the outside temp is. Humidity IS affected by outside so I have to either open vents or close vents or add water etc....
dont let that temp get too high better to get it back to the 99.5 if you are able as you stated temp is the main thing. how do hens keep the temp right if it is over 100 degrees outside and they are sitting on the darn things all day????

Is the eco different from the advance?  My temp only fluctuates between 99.4 - 99.6 no matter what the outside temp is.  Humidity IS affected by outside so I have to either open vents or close vents or add water etc....
dont let that temp get too high  better to get it back to the 99.5 if you are able as you stated temp is the main thing.  how do hens keep the temp right if it is over 100 degrees outside and they are sitting on the darn things all day????
I think it was human error. Mine. Because the temp dropped last night when I opened the lid to candle, I adjusted the thermostat up and overshot. It took the Eco a few hours to stabilize to the new setting. I won't adjust the temp back up again for the rest of the incubation period. I just adjusted it back to the where I had the system stabilized at 99.5 before. Hopefully it should be back to the right temperature in the morning. You are right, the fluctuation is only within .2 of one degree once the system stabilizes. By the way, I have been using the straw to add water. It works great. My humidity is now between 45-50%.

I think it was human error. Mine. Because the temp dropped last night when I opened the lid to candle, I adjusted the thermostat up and overshot. It took the Eco a few hours to stabilize to the new setting. I won't adjust the temp back up again for the rest of the incubation period. I just adjusted it back to the where I had the system stabilized at 99.5 before. Hopefully it should be back to the right temperature in the morning. You are right, the fluctuation is only within .2 of one degree once the system stabilizes. By the way, I have been using the straw to add water. It works great. My humidity is now between 45-50%.
Glad you figured out what went wrong with temp and yep that straw deal is pretty good! When are your chicks due to hatch? mine are due either Aug. 5 or 6 depending on which day you count as one. Too many views on that one.

Glad you figured out what went wrong with temp and yep that straw deal is pretty good! When are your chicks due to hatch? mine are due either Aug. 5 or 6 depending on which day you count as one.  Too many views on that one.
My hatch date is Aug. 10th, and I count set date as day 0. I hope I will still get some to hatch despite my mistakes.

Is the eco different from the advance?  My temp only fluctuates between 99.4 - 99.6 no matter what the outside temp is.  Humidity IS affected by outside so I have to either open vents or close vents or add water etc....
dont let that temp get too high  better to get it back to the 99.5 if you are able as you stated temp is the main thing.  how do hens keep the temp right if it is over 100 degrees outside and they are sitting on the darn things all day????
I Read from other threads that when it is hot outside, over 100 degrees, eggs under broodies hatch early. So, I don't think the hens could "cool" things down. My temp is back at 99.5.

Back
Top Bottom