Can I scare hawks away?

Quote:
I bet that you're part of the USF&W and are one of them. Hawks will always be a predatory nuisance to our flocks of chickens so therefore we really don't care because all natural avain predators to our chickens will eventually die off one day from either fatal airborn disease or starve to death from their natural food sources.

Good point! Figures a "revenuer" in SC would think they were in ranching country!

Something easier than SSS, and more effective unless your are going to post yourself during all daylight hours....

First, poultry netting across the top, Ebay, $35 bucks will get a 50'x50' square...second, tie a rope across 3' above the top between two poles and then tie CD's or DVDs off that with short fishing line. They sway and reflect in the lightest of breezes and detour aerial attacks...promise.

Not to cause an argument, for everyone else something to think about...everyone in the country (I'm one of them) does know and understand the 3S's...and practice them as required. But the last "S" should be heeded in the this forum for shady kills...laws cover all clean kills with predation on livestock and poultry....just saying, big brother and all.

good luck

I have the crow protection. However, it must be nest sitting season, so they're really not hanging out here until they'll be feeding chicks. Sadly a hawk got one of my chicks while the crows are busy elsewhere.
sad.png

Quote:
And you know this how?

Like they said there have been several posts on here about that!! I recall readig them a while ago.

Quote:
You got to be kidding right............. the CD thing has been proven many many times to be a farse/gimmick for those not wanting to do anything real to deter hawk attacks, it's waste of time not to mention having your yard look like Fred Sanfords yard LOL.
Seriously CD's are a worthless effort.

I use thes and xmas tinsel to Attract bobcats to my traps not quiet worthless I use light gauge copper wire tied to the cd then a fishing swivel tied to the wire then another peice of wire tie to one side of the swivel and the other side to a small tree or bush

Quote:
ding ding! The last S is there for a reason...

around here the last S is normally the first thing that is done you ride down US route 17 between the village of Deep creek Va. and south mills NC you will see many hawks dead in the fields on both sides of the road right up against the refuge until USFWS manages them the farmers will .

Back
Top Bottom