Can someone define silver pied to me

Is it a difference between Loud Silver Pied and IB Pied with some White eyes ?

IB Pied with some White eyes has no one gray feather !
1 Pied gene + 2 White eyes genes produce those gray feathers ?

Is it a Silver Pied hen .... brown feathers and probably no gray feathers !

Dany unless I again misunderstood, that hen wouldn't be silver pied, because she lacks the "silvered" look. I am not far enough along on pieds to be into their genetics yet, I'm just trying to figure out the phenotype, or how they appear, so as to be able to tell a pied from a loud pied and silver pied. I have picked up some misconceptions along the way and am trying to banish them.

I actually have never seen anyone argue these points here. The topic was raised previously but digressed into other areas. To the best of my knowledge George Conners is the only one that has even hinted at where the previous thread was going.

I didn't mean Argue as in disagreement Argue, I meant it more as in debate the different theories.

IMO if it has no gray feathers it is not a silver pied. Just a very light colored pied that may or may not be carrying 1 or 2 copies of white eye.
hu.gif

To be clear, I don't think loud silver pied is a used term. I would say split silver pied. I, and some of the large breeders, call a bird with one pied gene, one white gene and one white eye gene loud pied.

The bird above has ALL white eyes and is obviously pied but it is obviously not silver pied. So what is the missing ingredient? I would suggest that maybe the missing ingredient is a mutation of the white eye gene that makes plain white eye different than silver pied white eye.

Back
Top Bottom