Canadians check in here....

Hey Flat Rock Farm

Just googled Euskal Oilas or Basque Hens and they are beautiful looking. I have never heard of them but am very new to chicken-ing !! Do you hatch chicks?
I will be expanding my flock once I move my hens to the barn and would like to add a different type. I have Barred Rock and Rhode Island Reds right now. How hard is it to integrate more chickens? I have read horror stories. Mine were all together as day olds.
Thanks

Hey Flat Rock Farm

Just googled Euskal Oilas or Basque Hens and they are beautiful looking. I have never heard of them but am very new to chicken-ing !! Do you hatch chicks?
I will be expanding my flock once I move my hens to the barn and would like to add a different type. I have Barred Rock and Rhode Island Reds right now. How hard is it to integrate more chickens? I have read horror stories. Mine were all together as day olds.
Thanks
Younger, yes I do hatch chicks and sell hatching eggs. They are even friendly as chicks, they run up to as opposed to away and seem to love contact with people. Yes it is hard to integrate chickens, but you can do it if you have the two groups of chicken, divided by chicken wire so that can see each other without contact for a few weeks and then try letting them have supervised interaction. I know I had a hen once that got the back of her head/neck pecked that it was down to bone. Took some time but it healed back over and you would never have known it ever happened.

Hey Flat rock! (pretty sure same one as PSO?, right)
frow.gif

Hello all I am from King City, On. How everyone's livestock doing through this true " Canadian " winter?

Hi, i know where that is lol

My livestock? all good, as per a bit of trouble with the heavy Muscovy drake fleshing but that is typical. Vaseline! as for the rest? all super good. Me? i am dying from the extreme shifts and ice/snow combinations.

welcome-byc.gif

Guysborough County Nova Scotia here.

Any fine Canadians here have a used incubator for sale?

Brothers

Hello Brothers

No, I don't have an incubator but I do see them advertised on Kijiji quite often. I had good luck last year using Kijiji PEI to sell breeding stock and extra chickens that I had. Good luck in your search. Hatching season is coming up soon.

If you know of anyone who has silver penciled plymouth rocks in the Maritimes I'd be interested to make contact with them.

Bye for now.

PEI Chicken

Back
Top Bottom