Canadians check in here....

The first of my Sapphire chicks are hatching. 3 hatched so far. Hopefully more coming in the next few days with a big batch to hatch in 2 weeks. This was just a test hatch to check for fertility.

Hi Uncertainty, I have had layers for many years. They are also non heritage in fact the hatchery seems to only identify them as "brown layers" lol. I would like to add some colour and interest to our little flock. I have tried Buckerfields in our area but have missed the "chick season". My husband is in Edmonton quite often so I will look into U of A. I'm sure he would be willing to bring a few chicks back on his flight. I have some eggs in a home made incubator at the moment, so far 8 out of 8 eggs have growth and movement so if all works out I could get hubby to bring me some eggs home. Thanks for the info. Good luck with those tent caterpillars.

I'm in Port Coquitlam. I have two RIR-Leghorn cross hens I acquired last September as proven layers. Welcome to BYC! This site has been an absolutely wonderful source of information for me, as I hope it will be for you. My girls are a little over a year old.

Back
Top Bottom